Monday, June 8, 2009

Tween Cupcakes and a Cold Weekend

Remember this boy? He's Andrew's friend, our Pastor's son, and his new nickname at home ...

is ...

Cupcake.



Any questions as to why?

Thank goodness these tween boys are secure enough in their manhood that they can wear cupcakes, unicorns, and other girly tattoos.

Either that, or they promised one another that they would wear whatever tattoos the machine gave them when they visited the rec center this past week.

Either way ... I think they're stunning big hunks whom the girls will be swooning over for the next ten years.






As for this weekend ...

It was cold. It was rainy. We had tornadoes and hail.

Sigh ...

I want summer. I want sunshine. I want to sit out in the sun and get a sunburn mild tan. And I want my flowers to perk back up.

Here's some pictures of our Prairie hail storm, taken at my sister-in-law's house on Sunday:





This wicked looking twister touched about fifteen minutes away from us. Sorry for the poor quality ... you're looking at a picture of the tv. :-)





But as Shaun said, we even got a personalized Prairie Snow Cone Machine out of the whole ordeal, which all of the children (and Uncle Ricardo) took advantage of - cuz he's secure in his manhood too:




I have more to share with you from this weekend. As a teaser, I'll just tell you it has to do with Scripture and animals.

Curious?

Good. I'll see you later today, or early tomorrow. In the meantime, keep working on Psalm 1.

((Hugs)) to all my Lovely Lukers,

~Brenda

4 comments:

PW said...

What an awesome interesting weekend from cupcakes to tornados to hail to cold, etc. Hope you are having a great Monday. Looking forward to the rest of the news of the weekend. (hugs)

petrii said...

Brenda,
Whew bet your glad to get your week officially under way after that weekend. Tornadoes are NO fun. We don't have a basement, so we always head to the hall, and one time even had to get a mattress on our heads...not for the faint of heart!!!

Looking forward to seeing more of your weekend.

Have a Blessed Monday evening,
Dawn

~Brenda said...

I've only had to head to the basement once. And that's enough for me!!!

~Brenda

DayPhoto said...

Goodness, are you located in tornadoe alley or is this unusual for you?

Thanks for stopping by my blogg and commementing.

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com