And then I'll be itching for more Dove bars.
First, I'd like to get rid of my baby grand piano.
Why?
Well, because the sound board is broken. Cracked. No good. Cody, the piano tuner lady, told me the ol' thing is good for nothing but a planter. As in, plant your flowers in it, babe.
No thanks.
I'd rather give it to someone who is up for the challenge of repairing it, a task too expensive for me. It's a very handsome, older Baldwin piano and I can't bear to casually drop it off at the dump, out on yonder Prairie, where those ivory keys will forever be silent.
It also much too large for my living room, and I will never have (or even want) a big enough house for it to sit perty in. No, this Prairie Mama's piano would most assuredly be happier in a home where it can be properly admired, with little children
Think about it. If you were made to make beautiful tunes, would you be happy housing a plant?
Me either.
Second, I'd like to finish Jessica's quilt (I'm sure the feeling is mutual for Jessica, since it's been well over a year since I began working on it):

I do have the quilt top sewn together, and the borders on it. Now I just have to piece together all the layers, and put the binding on ... and of course, quilt it.
Third, finish memorizing Psalm 1! I have verses 1-4 down pat. Two more!!
Can I get a woot woot!?
What's that? You don't think that will take me the whole summer? Yeah, maybe you're right. In that case, I'll add several more verses to hide in my heart. Stay tuned, and you can join me if that tickles your fancy!
Fourth, I'd like to possess more fruit of the Spirit.
Which fruit?
All of them.
Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-control.
How exactly do I plan to possess each of those fruits by the end of summer?
Ahem!
I don't! It's a lifelong journey that God has promised to help me with. And I trust Him to do just that.
Amen?
Amen.
And last, I'd like to have the garage cleaned out, the boxes in the basement sorted through, and the office moved downstairs to the spare bedroom.
That's all I'm going to say about that. Makes me tired just ponderin' it.
What about all my Lovely Lurkers? What do you want to accomplish this summer?
~Brenda
5 comments:
So delighted to have stumbled over here the other day. You're a kindred spirit and bosom friend =) The rugrats and I recently agreed to put Psalm 119 to memory, even if it takes us our entire life. It is proving to be a beautiful and beyond rewarding experience.
I also have settled on focusing on fruitfulness and realized that it's a simple forever journey that keeps me focused and centred. It's the answer to lifes deepest issues and every pursuit. If we are steeping ourselves in those characteristics all shall be well.
Thanks for the comment :) Im still trying to figure out the blogging world, I got sucked in to the reading of MckMama (not a bad thing) and then found the AR blog, ect, and have been clicking and reading since then... but yes, thanks for the comment, your blog is just so resfreshing.. and yumm.. chocolate?! :) (My mom quilts, and that quilt looks amazing!!!)
You asked for it so here goes:
woot woot
and
amen! amen!!
You are a very ambitious lady. God's blessings on your list. You'll do fine this summer. :)
Thanks ladies, for the woots, amens, and encouragement! I think you gals encourage me more than I could ever encourage you. Just by stoppin' in and being YOU.
You are totally AWESOME.
As for memorizing Psalm 119 ... I was actually joking with Shaun the other night and asked him if that should be my next project. Joking, I said, joking. Maybe someday, but this early on in my memorization, it might scare the bajeeber's out of me and I'd never attmept to memorize again.
Easily discouraged? Yeah ... that's me. :-)
~Brenda
That was great to read. I have started on my summer list because I am still working on spring cleaning. LOL!
Post a Comment