Like choosing titles.
Perhaps she's a little more entitled to this title than I am, although I must say, I'm disappointed. I like my blog title, and am not feeling like sharing it.
So sue me.
Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy
I do love the show Little House on the Prairie, and I of course live on the Prairie. And I am a little housewife. Hence the title Prairie Tales, True Stories by a Little Housewife on the Prairie.
It's ok. I'm still a Little House fan and always will be. But if Melissa G. were my real sister, there might be a bit o' bonnet tearin', hair pullin', sisterly slappin' goin' on about now.
Good thing I never had a sister, huh?
~Brenda, the foot stompin', fit throwin', little housewife on the Prairie who started telling lots of Prairie Tales first.
First, I tell ya'.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
In all seriousness, I'm going to look into whether or not her book title being the same as my blog title is an issue. Not sure what the copyright laws are where titles are concerned. It wouldn't be too much of a big deal if I had not been (from the start of this blog, a little over a year and a half ago) pondering ways to eventually make this blog into a book someday.
Just one more reason to stay tuned. ;-)
9 comments:
Well one thing for sure, your blog isn't boring. I'm never sure what's going to happen in your life next. giggle. You a foot stomping, woman, ha....giggle.
I'll come back and watch the video, but in the byline it says Prairie Tale, and you use it as plural, so it might not be an issue. But I'll come back and watch the video a little later.
If it is exactly the same, you might be wise to check with someone about copyright stuff. It's such a crazy world these days about such things.
Have a good day.
yes, i agree with previous comment...just use your entire blog title and highlight prarie tales...plural you will probably benefit from this actually....
great blog
Oh I would be frustrated too, however I have come across book titles that are the same yet subtitles are different so you maybe okay, I noticed the plural thing too. Still it would irk me too. You do have a great blog and your story is unique to you.
Blessings!
I found your blog through the blog frog, and oh my am I having fun reading about your little family :) I might just have to add you to my blog list, if thats ok :) Feel free to check out my blog, its nothing fancy- because Im still trying to figure out how to make everything work on blogger. :)
I check out every visitor's blog, and will certianly check out all of yours! Thanks for the comments. Never thought about this possibly benefiting me ... but the Lord does work in mysterious ways. ;-)
I'm in the process of researching copyrighted titles (if there is such a thing), and have asked my writer's list that I am a member of.
So stay tuned. I'll let you know what I find out!
Thanks for all the comments! And I am honored that anyone would ever want to add me to their blog roll.
~Brenda
Okay, so I watched MGilbert on the Today Show yesterday as well, and can I just say, did I really need to know what was really in Michael Landon's cup on the set?!! I think not. I LOVE that show!!!!! One of my all time fav's, so I think I shall just forget the cup confessions and remember it like I did when I watched it growing up. (Yes, sadly I am that old =)
I hope you can keep "Prairie Tales" as your title ~~ love it!!!
Have a Blessed day,
Dawn
Hello - I am a first time lovely lurker on your blog and I am really enjoying it so far. I am new to blogging so my site is not great - but a work in progress like me:) I am adding you to my list! Hope to "see" ya soon!
Blessings!
Amy Q
Kaufman, TX
Amy,
We all started somewhere, and this blog didn't look very good for quite some time. I think content is more important anyway. :-)
Dawn, I totally agree with knowing what was in Michael Landon's cup. If that was "no big deal" like she claimed it was ... why share? Maybe it had something to do with her own alcoholism ... I don't know. Maybe I'll have to read the book.
Nah ...
~Brenda
Oh, what a small world. I just popped over here from PW's blog (the prairie drew me in *grin*) and had to do a double take when I saw your "Prairie Chicks" photo title in the side bar. And then the more I read the more I had to grin and shake my head. Curiouser and Curiouser... peas in a pod we are, peas in a pod.
Post a Comment