Jessie: Did Ashlee sleep at home last night?
Me: Uhhh, yes .... why do you ask (giving hubby that oh my word, now what look)?
Jessie: No reason. I'll tell you later.
Me: Andrew, why did YOU sleep on the couch last night?
Andrew: Oh ... no reason.
When we got home, I asked Jessie if it was "later" enough, but she said she would maybe tell me in a couple of hours why all the bed shuffling took place.
Then I got a text from Ashlee telling me to come up to her room.
I knew I was in for it. Or Ashlee was in for it. Or SOMEONE was in for it.
I tiptoed up the stairs, reached for the doorknob on Ashlee's door, and barely cracked it open, as if there was a hibernating grizzly on the other side, and found all three of my children staring at me with their little angelic faces.
My skin crawled. My heart beat a little quicker.
And out jumped this little critter (okay, so she didn't jump ... she slithered her body against the edge of the bed):
Next comes, "Can I keep 'er, Mom?"
Yeah ... you know the drill.
It's still undecided as to whether this Prairie Mama will allow the cat to stay. Let's just say I'm giving it a trial period. And Ashlee is contemplating a possible move, which obviously means that cat wouldn't be staying.
But she already named it. And we all know what that means.
Actually, several of us have named it.
Ashlee named it Lily.
Andrew named it Kiki.
Jessie named it Harvey Dent (the evil man on Dark Knight - apparently they have the same facial markings).
And I named it Ratatouille. Because she's about the size of a rat, same color as a rat, and well ... she kinda smells like a rat.
Kitty names are really for the owners anyway. Pray tell, when have any of us ever called a cat by it's name - and actually had the cat respond? Hmmm?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a more serious note ... here's my recitation of Psalm 1.
Psalm 1
Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the path of sinners,
nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He will be like a tree, planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither,
And whatever he does, shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so,
But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
I cheated and looked on that very last line.
Just so ya' know.
I'm pretty close to getting it exactly perfect, but it looks as though the KJV is somehow in the back of my mind. I'm saying sitteth instead of sits, etc.
Maybe I need to relax a little, huh?
And ... I wanted to share with you a song we sang in church on Sunday morning. It's entitled Psalm 1 (how fitting!). :-) I wish I could post the music to it also, but I can't find it anywhere on the internet. So the words will have to do. It's basically Psalm 1, in words that make the meaning a little clearer. I hope you enjoy, and I hope it helps you in your memorization. Understanding what I'm memorizing always helps me.
Psalm 1
How blest are they who turn to God,
Forsaking sinful ways;
Renouncing haunts of worldly minds,
And unbelieving days.
They make the teaching of the Lord
Their quest and great delight;
And to its guidance daily turn,
With ever clearer sight.
Like trees they stand, so full of life,
The living stream beside;
They yield their fruit and strong endure,
No matter what betide.
But those who to this boasting world
Commit their hope and trust,
The coming Day shall drive away,
Like worthless chaff, or dust.
O might grace, that we may stand
Among the sons of love!
When Christ the Lord, our coming King,
Shall life our souls above.
I really, really, really want to have clearer sight, and yield fruit no matter what betide.
I hope you do to, and renewing our minds with Scripture will most assuredly get us on that path.
God bless all Lovely Lurkers as you go through your week,
~Brenda
P.S. I've enabled the pop-up comment box, in the hopes that Lovely Lurkers will not have as much trouble commenting. I hope it works better for you. Please email me if you still have trouble.
8 comments:
Looks like that kitten is a keeper!!!
Great work on the Psalm!!
HUGS
btw, LOVE that hymn!!! Will have to look for the tune, etc, I don't think I ever heard of it, but I love the words and meaning.
Maybe I'll play it on the piano, record it, and then post it. If only I knew how. Ha!
Anyone know how to do that?
~Brenda
Just to clarify ... I know how to play it on the piano. I don't know how to record and post it. :-)
~Brenda
So you're a piano player, huh. Good for you!!! I don't know about how to record and post, but its great to know you are a woman of many talents, including piano playing. :)
btw, I'm seeing a security alert when I post on your site (as well as others, including mine). I went in under settings, and then under comments, and said no to the question: post profile pictures on comments? I said no, and that cleared that part up for me. Just fyi. Not sure if that's what is happening to the others who are trying to comment or not.
I think what was happening with the comments, was the word verification wouldn't come up. The verification thing always came up with me, but I'd always have to do it twice. This system is much better.
I'm not getting any security alerts.
Yes, I play piano. More on that later, perhaps. ;-)
I really want to learn to play the violin too ... you know ... in all my spare time. Ha!
~Brenda
I am thinking that kitty needs to be named Starbuck... =D
Post a Comment