Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer Snippets

It's been an incredibly busy Summer and I think I'm looking forward to school starting, just so we are required to stay home and get our work done.

However, here's some Summer Snippets of our little Prairie Life that you might enjoy:

***Jessie got her drivers license - and her new car. So I am no longer a taxi mom for her, which is both helpful - and sad. Helpful because I am somewhat freed up, and sad because I haven't seen her as much.

Sniff, sniff.

Kids do grow up, and start doing their own thing. And I think I may have officially begun the empty nesting process. Fortunately, for me, it's been a slow process. My kids (so far) haven't packed their bags and headed off to college (dorm life). Ashlee graduated as an EMT, but while living at home. Jessie is currently saving to go to college - at home. So I'm seeing less and less of them ... but they're still here. With me. Where they belong.

At least for a little while longer.

A little proof of ownership?

Sure!




The car's name is Penelope, by the way. Penny, for short.

Oh ... and the creepy shadow behind her? That's a friend. And he's really not too creepy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***My very sweet friend, Beth, dropped by the other day to give me this belated birthday gift:




Indeed, a girl after my own heart. She's a quilt lover and so am I. So she rolled up these beautiful fabrics, placed them in an adorable bucket, along with the little elephant she picked up on her trip to Cambodia, and viola!!

Happy Birthday to me.

I don't have any pictures of Beth and I, but next time she comes over (in August), I'm going to take some. We'll be sewing some little quilted make-up bags, and I can't wait!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Next is the Creative Catcher, Carston. He's Andrew's sidekick in baseball. He's who Andrew feels the most comfortable with when he's pitching wickedly fast strikes .

And he's very creative with baseball sun reflector makeup.

Don't you think?




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***And then there's me. The new Bionic Woman.





Well, in my dreams I am.

I returned the heart monitor yesterday. No word back yet as to whether they see the flutters I am feeling. The monitor supposedly picks up much more than the pacemaker does, so hopefully the monitor will come through for me. I experienced plenty of skipped beats, flutters, etc. the two days it was on, so I'm hoping ...

I mean, really. I didn't walk around with that contraption on for two days, looking like a Bionic Woman Wannabe for nothin'!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How 'bout you? Have you blogged about any of your Summer Snippets? If so, leave a comment and link so we can all read about it!

~Brenda

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are beautiful! As is your daughter and wow, that car??? When I first got my license my first car was an old Chevy Astre wagon, lucky girl! (her I mean, not me!) =) I have a lot of catching up to do again, off to read.

Lori said...

Wow sweet car, bet she is excited. How fun to get presents, happy birthday.

Have a great Friday.

Anonymous said...

Hello Brenda, How tiresome to have to do this. I really hope it all turns out well and that meaby you just overasked yourself these weeks, meaby because of summerheat and kids at home or on the road ? Relaxe and ask them to spoil you completely...
Godeliva van Ariadone

Anonymous said...

ps. Cars and girls, hee....mmmm...cars...and...girls...and mobile phones...hee...mmmm....cars...and girls...and mobile phones....and speedlimits...hee....mmm....tell her to take care, there is only of her in the whole wide world !!!!
Godeliva van Ariadone

Anonymous said...

ONLY ONE of her.......in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD.....i was goging to say, sorry my thoughts go faster than my typing, but what the heck, you know what I talking about...
ok ok, I will shut up now
Godeliva van Ariadone