Saturday, July 18, 2009

My New Sidekick

My loving, adorable, generous husband walked in the door a couple of weeks ago and asked, "How do you feel about an oak writing desk?"

It was a question we both knew the answer to, but I replied, "I feel pretty darn good about an oak writing desk!"

So we hopped in the covered wagon truck and said howdy to our neighbors who live about three blocks down from us who were having a yard sale.

I was sold within seconds.

I checked and double checked to make sure it didn't have any major scratches, dents, or ABC gum sticking to the bottom of it, paid the lady her money and ....

TADA!

My new sidekick:






We spend a lot of time together, her and I. And I look forward to a long and prosperous relationship with her.

As does the kitty, who is constantly sneaking behind my lapatop, sniffing around, trying to curl up in nooks and cranny's.

Last week, she took notice of the little bird sitting on top and was either trying to make friends ...




Or deciding whether it was lunch. I'm not sure which one.

~Brenda

3 comments:

The Mommy Chef said...

Lucky girl! I so need a desk of my own. I just put up shop wherever/whenever I can!

Jen said...

What a beautiful desk!

Anonymous said...

Hello Brenda, you have a good man...he understood a lady needs a desk of her own...( If not a room, like Virginia Woolf, but then her life wasn't so happy after all ). Gefeliciteerd met je nieuwe bureau - congratulations with your news desk, may creativity flow....
Have a nice sunday
Godeliva van Ariadone