Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Andrew!

I just want to officially say Happy Birthday to my (not so) little guy, Andrew! He turned 13 today. At 4:17 in the morning, to be exact. And I may be just a ssssmidgen bitter about that. I mean honestly ... first he chooses to be born at an ungodly hour, then he had the gall to grow to a hefty nine pounds four ounce monster beautiful baby.

Approximately 6.362 pounds of that was head.

Ouch.

Seriously ... I wouldn't change a thing. He was absolutely gorgeous when he was born. He looked like a little old man, receding hairline and all. He was big, so all of the newborn items were sent off to goodwill. But I didn't mind. He was healthy. He was beautiful. He was ours, given to us by God. That's all that mattered.

Thirteen years later, I still wouldn't change a thing. I won't lie - he's a challenge. Not in a rebellious sort of way. But he has his fair share of problems. Problems that are very difficult for him and us.

But our family wouldn't be complete without him.

He's one fifth of us.

He's the period at the end of our sentence.

He's the chocolate on our chocolate Sunday.

Did I mention he likes to entertain us a lot?














Indeed. He does everything from magic tricks, to Inspector Crusoe impressions. And I must say, his vocal impressions of Inspector C. are quite impressive. And he does them a lot.

You know how I know he does them a lot?

When I was scurrying around the house one day, doing my daily chores, I began to think.

In Inspector Crusoe language.

I even began doing Inspector C. impressions myself one day.

But ... I digress.

We love you, Andrew. Magic Tricks, Inspector Impressions, and all of your struggles. They're all a part of you, and we accept the whole package.

So Happy Birthday, and thanks for not running away from home yet. We know it's mighty tempting at times.

Love,

Your Mama

3 comments:

Girly Do Hairstyles said...

MY ANDREW was 9.4 ALSO!!!! Wow- well happy birthday to your Andrew!

Just stopped by from Blog Frog! Very cute blog.

Kimberly @ RaisingOlives said...

Sweet, Happy Birthday Andrew.

We had a monster baby also. Our third baby (first boy) was 9lbs. 15 oz. Poor baby's face was black and blue.

Hopping over from the BlogFrog.

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

Happy Birthday to Andrew!