Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I Caught A Stick

Remember It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown? I always remember Charlie's line of "I got a rock" when he discovered the goodies in his Trick or Treat bag.

I think I know what Charlie was feeling. Not because I got a rock in my goodie bag, but because when I go fishing, I tend to catch anything BUT a fish!


I either give the fish half of my pole (how lame is that?):









Or I catch a stick ...




Or I catch this little doohickey. Perhaps my frustration is building at this point?:







I've been rather notorious for my trick or treating fishing results. In fact, this trip I'm showing you is proving to be somwhat boring for my family, in comparison to trip where I caught a camera. Oh yes, and the turtle. I'll never forget Mr. Turtle. He was soooo cute, and I felt soooo bad that his little mouth was hooked. So I Shaun unhooked him, I apologized profusely, and he waddled back to his happy little lake home in the slow, methodical way that only a turtle can.

But truthfully ... I think he was walking slow because his feelings were hurt.


As for last weeks trip, I decided to give in to the fact that the fish were not interested in me. So I set my pole down and enjoyed the beautiful clouds that were forming....





... ate my supper, and simply enjoyed the fact that I am the mother of these three teenagers:










And then it didn't matter that I caught a stick.

~Brenda

3 comments:

Holly said...

What a wonderful post! I like the pics of the clouds and your kids. The stick was cute, too, but your teenagers are cuter :)

Holly at TheBlogFrog

Anonymous said...

Hello Brenda
Fun post, lovely pictures of you and your children ( ? )
Be well
Ariadone

Unknown said...

ha ha ha... those pics are AWESOME. At least you caught SOMETHING!