Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm Calling A Family Meeting

Everyone come sit down! I'm callin' a family meeting.

With my Lovely Lurkers, that is.

Don't worry.
Nobody's in trouble (that's what my family always thinks when we call a meeting).

I just wanted to specifically address some comments that were made yesterday.

So here goes:

El Mommy said:

Hi! I came to your blog from MckMama's discussion boards. And I'm actually going to check out Piper's book. I've read some really interesting things from him before. Isn't it a good sign that we ought to read something when our first reaction is, "But I might need to change!" LOL Maybe I'll go to the library today ;-)

We go through one chapter per week of the book. I usually dread my preparation time for class, because I know there's going to be plenty of things pointed out to me that I need to change, so I know the feeling!!! Good for you for not giving in and reading it anyway.

Day Photo said:

went to your store and looked at your darling clothes! They are wonderful and you are very talented.

Linda

http://coloradfarmlife.wordpress.com/

Shucks!! If only I could claim that I made those clothes!! But I didn't. I just grabbed the real seamstress' button from her blog, and put it on mine. Mostly because I thought the button was adorable, and so are her clothes that she sews. It made me want to open an Etsy shop and sell some similar items.

Perhaps when I am no longer home schooling ...

Valerie said:

I actually found the Piper book on my 16 year old son's bed stand yesterday. He had just come back from a Christ in Youth conference last week, and I was excited to see that he was interested in reading that!

I think it's totally awesome that your son is reading the book!! Good for him. My daughter, Jessie, is reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer. It was recommended to her by one of her friends who not only reads Tozer, but C.S. Lewis and other deep thinkers/writers. Pretty hefty literature!!

Chris said:

Sounds like a great read to me. I am in the middle of Zorro's Field.....again, just can't get enough of it. From reading your blog I know it's the kind of book you would love. Thanks for your comments over at Johnson Family Farm, been so busy I have not had time to update in such a long time. Not much time for any blog reading either, I miss that too. Following you and hope to get back here soon. Thanks.

Zorro's Field. I've never heard of it, but I plan to check it out!! I hope you get a chance to update your blog soon. I still check it, and am standing on one foot and then the other waiting patiently for your next post!

Thanks to ALL my Lovely Lurkers for being faithful in visiting, commenting, and in general just making my day.

You guys/gals rock!!

~Brenda





No comments: