A few weeks ago, I decided to sign up to be a book reviewer for Thomas Nelson.
You know ... because I don't have enough little projects going.
But this is my way of getting myself reading books more faithfully. Plus, I love to give things away, and this is the perfect opportunity to do so. So if you love books too, then check back in once in a while to see what book I may be giving away next!
The first book I chose was a little out of my league.
See?

Not out of my league in that I couldn't understand it, obviously (that is obvious, right?). But out of my league in that I don't have any toddler children. Still, it looked like such a cute book, and I know a lot of (uhmm, some) Mommy's read my blog, so I couldn't resist.
Wait, what was I doing?
Oh yes - book review! Here's my official book review for this adorable Toddler Bible:
This Read and Share Toddler Bible is graced with adorable illustrations (by Steve Smallman), and easy to understand stories for your little ones (by Gwen Ellis). It begins with the Old Testament, followed by the New Testament - an excellent way of helping parents get their toddlers accustomed to the way a "big person" Bible is laid out.
Each new story also gives a Bible reference. I believe this is a critical feature, as it will begin early recognition of books of the Bible and where each story is found.
Each story was easily understandable, and laced with a strong Biblical truth. Everything from learning to be kind through the story of Joseph and his brothers, to learning about God's faithfulness through the story of Noah and the Ark (and many more!) are in this new Toddler Bible.
Also included are helpful parent suggestions (crafts, hand motions, etc.) after each story, some of which are practical, others simply suggest that the parents verbally reinforce the story. While I found most of the suggestions to be very helpful, there were a few that I would refrain from using - mostly because they didn't fit my personality.
All in all, the Read and Share Toddler Bible is a great way to start your toddler learning about God's faithfulness, our sin, what God has done for our sins, and getting ready for Jesus to return. I would definitely be thrilled to have it if I had young children.
The 60 minute DVD that is included is also helpful (and adorable!), and will help your toddler learn and grow in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior ... even at a young age.
Now I see you jumping up and down, and hear you saying, "Yippeeee!! How can I win that book for my toddler?"
Glad you asked!
I thought about requiring you to either join my blog, tell your friends about this giveaway, tweet about it, post on your blog, or better yet, all of the above! But honestly, I don't like it when people do that to me, so I'm not going to do that to you. I figure if you like my blog, you'll join my blog! If you're excited about this giveaway, you'll tweet yer little heart out, and post it on your blog. So - it's up to you! All I really require is that you let me know what you'll do with the book (will you give it to your grandchild, read it to your own child, give it to a lady in your church or neighborhood?), and leave contact info (all by leaving a comment) so I can let you know you are the winner!
I do reserve the right to take your name out of the pile if you tell me you'd like to have it, but your kids probably won't sit still long enough to read it, and therefore it will be a dust collector.
So good luck, my sweet Lovely Lurkers! If I have over twenty entries, I'll use an automated system to choose the lucky winner. If I have under twenty, it'll be the ol' draw it out of a hat trick.
Now get this show on the road and leave a comment!
Winners will be announced when ... when ... when I say so!
~Brenda, the bossy lil' book reviewer on the Prairie
33 comments:
Oh do I get to be first?? yay. I want this book to read to my 2 babies. One is 5 and one is 3. They love having things read to them so what better than a toddler bible!
I also follow you on Twitter and on your blog :) Thanks!
cori_lynn86@yahoo.com
Hey pretty lady!
What a great giveaway! I can only imagine the good things that can come from this :) My reason for wanting to have it? Entirely to read to my adorable three-year-old, Colin. He LOVES books and is still a little confused about how God can live in Heaven and Jesus can live in our hearts :) It's precious!
Good luck with the giveaway :)
Oh - and just so you know, though I may not always comment, I do read your blog faithfully!
Awww, thanks, ladies!! You're making me wish I had a ton of these to give out. I guess I'm just glad it'll be random and I don't have to pick a winner. :-)
~Brenda
I too, read your blog regularly, but rarely comment.
I have 4 kids at home who would love to have that book (my oldest is 11 but she loves any kind of book with Bible stories. Between me reading it to the kids, the older ones reading it for themselves, and the older ones reading to the younger, I can assure you it would not be a "dust collector" at my house. :)
I would love to "win" this book for my 2 year old. I am looking for different ways to teach him the bible and the stories in it and I think this would be great.
Thanks!
sounds like a great book. i have 4yr old and 7mo girls that would love this book! i am new to your blog, but will check back often.
thanks!
jennvanzee@hotmail.com
My 2 1/2 year old grandson would love this book - his favorites are his "bible" books!
I check your blog out occasionally :-)
If I win it, I will give it to my youngest nephew, Nathan.
email:marcus802001@yahoo.com
I would read this to my 6 little ones!
I would read it to my baby boy! michaeladiane@hotmail.com
oh this would be perfect to read to my 1 yr old who is now getting into books!!
livin4jesus9982@hotmail.com
We would use this each night for family devotions on our kids level. We have used our other Bible story books and are now repeating those. Time for something new! Neat giveaway, thanks!
alonglifestrail @ gmail dot com
I know my 3yo in particular would like it but I have a 1, 5, and 7yo that would like to have it shared with them as well. heb11@charter.net
OH, my 3 year old would LOVE this.. We talk about Heaven a lot since her youngest brother is there...
I am a mommy to a toddler who loves books! This is awesome!
I really like your blog! I'll have to stop by more often. I have a toddler turning 2 on Friday (tomorrow!). We've just been informed that our 5 year old will be reading through the entire children's bible in school next year, so this would be a good way to get the little one into the bible as well! Hope you have a lot of comments!
I would love to read this to my kiddos, and they could practice reading it to eachother. We have a 10 month old, 6 year old, and 7 year old and they love to read, and love reading Bible stories too!!
We have not been able to find a bible that my 4 year old can understand so this would be great!! He loves Sunday school and loves to say his prayers, but I don't think he really gets the meaning and I think this would do just the trick!
cortney0509(at) yahoo (dot) com
I've been looking for a great toddler bible!
Shouldnt I get something for being number 20!!! You reached your goal.
Anyway hopped over from the MckCommunity. I would love this bible for my kiddos. One is 2 and the other is 1 and they both love to read books.
Thanks for the giveaway.
I am home-preschooling my 4yo this year. This would be a wonderful way to incorporate the Bible.
Thank you for having such a wonderful contest
Jo Lynn
I would love to share this with my birthday girl!! She is 3 and a perfect age to start learning the stories!!
I'd read it to my 4 and 1 year old! I'm a TN reviewer too, but I missed this book!
Come stop by giveaway!
http://inneedofmercy.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-first-giveaway.html
~Erica
What a great giveaway! I love that it comes with a DVD too. I would love to have it for my baby. :)
I would love this toddler Bible to read to my 4 and 2 1/2 yr. old. They are like sponges right now and want to try to teach them all I can.
I'd love this to read to my 2 children. We have a baby Bible and one for a prescooler, but nothing that is suitable for that in between age.
Would love to read this to my toddler son at bedtime!
stephlezell (at) hotmail (dot) com
Oh what a great book, thanks for sharing about it.
Hey Brenda!
I always knew you were a genius!
We should form a book club for minds like us. : )
Kurt and Andrew could be guest speakers. : )
Hope you're doing well! Thanks for telling me about the giveaway!
Lynne
Well, we would definitely use this cute bible. I have one toddler and another toddler in the making. I also have big kids that read to my little kids to I am sure this book would not be collecting dust in my house!
Toni
Well, I must admit that my three boys are all teenagers now so they would be asking me "whats for dinner?" about 2 sentences into it. But I couldn't resist commenting :) Don't include me in the drawing but I WILL root my butt off for one of the other lucky commentors !!
I know my church's toddlers group would really love the book
I would give this book to my granddaughter who will turn one on September 2nd.
shopannies@yahoo.com
Post a Comment