Thursday, August 13, 2009

Me and Mahi-Mahi

Any of my Lovely Lurkers ever try Mahi-Mahi?

We tried it for the first time tonight. Nothing fancy. Just wrapped each piece in tin foil, sprinkled a dash of salt and pepper across the top, gave it a little pat on the butt of butter, and threw it on the grill for about 15-20 minutes.

And you know what I love about Mahi-Mahi?

  • It doesn't taste fishy
  • It is easy to digest
  • It doesn't taste fishy
  • It's easy to prepare
  • It likes ME!
  • It doesn't taste fishy

I'm smiling like a fish thrilled to find something new that actually agrees with me. And heck, maybe it'll even give me a little nutrition that isn't found in the other bazillion kinds of meat I eat.

Me and Mahi-Mahi, we're partners now.

I love it and it loves me.

And did I mention it doesn't taste fishy?

Cuz I don't like any fishy taste.

Me and Mahi-Mahi, we have a blossoming relationship that will continue to bloom and bloom until I'm darn good and sick of it.

How much does Mahi-Mahi love me?

Mahi-Mahi loves me so much that when Shaun took me to my favorite fabric store after our masterful dinner, I felt light as a feather. I was able to soak in the millions of mesmerzing colors, the boat load of quilting books, and the endless spools of thread without one single gut cramp.

Maybe Mahi-Mahi and me will have to mesh more often.

If you've never made Mahi-Mahi, what are you waiting for? Mesh and mingle with your Mahi-Mahi. Make the plunge, and even marinate your Mahi-Mahi if you can manage.

C'mon! Join the Mahi-Mahi mania!!

~Brenda, master of Mahi-Mahi

5 comments:

Tim said...

Your so funny! I dont care for that fishy taste either. Yuck!

Try some yellowfin tuna steaks. They are red and look like a steak. Usually cut thick so they take a little longer to cook, but mmmm mmmmm are they good. I inject mine with fresh lemon juice of 1/2 a lemon. I also put garlic powder and lemon pepper on it before cooking. Its delish!

Love and prayers,

Tim

Kami said...

Well, I can't participate in your love of Mahi Mahi because I am allergic to all things fish and seafood, but I'm thrilled that you found something that agrees with you!! I completely relate on that note and know the pain that comes with food that doesn't agree :)

Glad you've found something so wonderful and non-fishy tasting :)

Holly said...

I'm afraid I can't share in the Mahi-Mahi love-fest but I DO love all kinds of other fish. I grew up on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland so we'd fish for perch and sunfish mainly. I agree with Tim - yellowfin tuna steaks are the best! I'll have to try his way of infusing with lemon juice and garlic on top. We usually just grill and then dip in a home-made mixture of wasabi and soy sauce. All this fish talk is making me hungry.

Heather Anne said...

Yummy! I do like it grilled, broiled or planked ... I just like fish - and mild tender Mahi-Mahi is quite tasty! Enjoy your new friend often!

Brandie said...

I love Mahi-Mahi too!