Friday, August 28, 2009

Potty Talk

Okay, folks. Here's my first video blog, or vlog as it is called. You may remember that I am a BlogFrog Community Leader, and this is our assignment for this week.


You'll notice right away that public speaking is not my forte! In fact, when Jessie watched this, she said, "That's the most I've ever heard you talk in my whole life." Ha!! So see - I am not a talker. I'm just a writer, and I'd like to keep it that way ... but noooooo ... Holly, from the BlogFrog had to step in ... :) Just kidding, Holly. You're great!!


Anyway - my first vlog. Uhm, I do apologize beforehand the location of the video (my potty). I'll explain why I'm there in the vlog. And I also would just like to say that this is a terrible testimony for homeschooler's. LOL. I totally lost my train of thought when talking about what we're learning. So you'll have to bear with me through that part. I may know how to make a video. But I have no idea how to edit one!


Enjoy, and don't forget to send me those video's of yourself that I ask for. ;)


~Brenda


P.S. This vlog is about 10 minutes long! Sorry! I didn't know I was so long winded. Come back later if you don't have 10 minutes. I'd hate to exasperate any of my readers/viewers.



9 comments:

Peter P said...

@I can't remember if it's a PS2 or a gameboy@

Tee Hee Hee.

Great Vlog. It's interesting that you say you're not a public speaker because you have the voice and the personality for it.

Maybe you should go to a CLASS seminar! http://classeminars.org/Services/Speaker-Development/

I look forward to next week's installment!

Dawn Herring said...

I enjoyed listening to your weekly plan, seeing your handmade projects, and getting a glimpse into your homeschooling life (I have heard of Sonlight, but have never used it.)

I also homeschool one of my daughters; we use The School of Tomorrow's pace program primarily, plus other things.
It was good to 'meet' you through your vlog. I look forward to seeing the next one.

Dawn Herring
JournalWriter Freelance
journalwriter7 on Twitter
Be refreshed!

Holly said...

Hi Brenda,

Great job on your video post! Its really hard to believe this is your first time doing a video blog - you really are a natural. I hope you had fun with the project and I'm so glad to hear you are going to post one each week - that is awesome! Its been wonderful to have you as part of the BlogFrog Community Leader program. You really are inspiring :)

Holly

~Brenda said...

Well, shucks you guys! Maybe I should just vlog instead of blog! :-))

I promise to keep it shorter next week. Either by talking faster, or just knowing when to shut up. One of the two.

~Brenda

Lori said...

Ok I have to say my favorite comment is about wit and charm and that being like some one close to home. hahaha (so true.

You did a great job. Loved getting to know you better via video.

Brandie said...

I am going to have to buy a video camera so I can vlog as well. It is so fun to actually see you and hear your voice. I loved it. Homeschooling and quilting you are amazing. And too cute!!! Great job.
Brandie

Unknown said...

LOVED IT! I love that you were composing this Vlog on the toilet, you are so creative! =)

Unknown said...

By the way, I am an avid quilter! I loved your project and will do my own now with yours as inspiration.

~Brenda said...

CFMama, I had no idea you were a quilter. I'm hopping over to your blog now .... with the BlogFrog, of course. ;)

~Brenda