Saturday, August 8, 2009

Farewell, Little Ones

As you may have guessed, we have had some guests!!

Guessed.

Guests.

Get it?

Ahem, anyway ...

We've had a few little guests this week. My brother's kids came for a week long visit. They were planning on staying two weeks, but a few of them were getting rather homesick, plus their dad was getting lonely. They had been at their mom's for four weeks prior to coming to my place, which is a long time for younguns - if you ask me. :-)

So here's a few favorite photos of them from our visit together. Emily told me she would "miss me sooooooooooo much," and Noah, when he found out he was going home said, "Awww, man. I kinda want to stay, but I really miss Dad." And Meghan, when she found out she was going home, said, "Yay! I miss Dad!"

So there you have it. I'm low man on the totem pole when Dad is in the picture.

And that's a good thing.

Together at the park:




Emily, on her way home, fully prepared and equipped with her video game to keep her entertained:




Emily ran from the camera until I told her it'd be such a nice gift to her dad to have some pretty photos of her. After that, it was all smiles and poses:




Noah was rather excited when we bought him his "headlight." He's been wearing it since the WalMart trip last night, and I can't say my eyes will miss it much. :-)




Meghan is really growing up, and becoming quite the young lady. Her and Andrew were inseparable, and were both looking a bit somber as they left his morning.





And I couldn't resist posting this picture. That's my yogurt thermometer sticking out from Noah's arm. They decided it'd be a fun experiment to put it in the freezer, then stick it under their arm and watch the temperature rise. Apparently, Noah's temp was rather fascinating.



All three kids are very well behaved, and I thoroughly enjoyed having them.

Emily and I were two peas in a pod the whole week. I'll miss her telling me "I wuv you, Aunt Bwenna," and "You're jus' kiddin', right?" when I would tease her.

I'll miss having a friend for Andrew, and I'll miss Noah's funny little quips.

Like when I asked him what he'd like to have for a snack, he saw the Cheese crackers and said, "Yeah! I'll have some Cheese Nipples!"

I said, "Uhm, I think you mean Cheese Nips."

And after his splurge of two sugar cookies, he said, "Aunt Brenda, I accidentally got rowdy because of those sugar cookies!!!"

Not sure how ones gets "accidentally rowdy" ... but I suppose we'll go easy on the sugar cookies next time.

Farewell, Little Ones. I love each of you and will miss you sooooooooo much!!!!

~Aunt Bwenna

2 comments:

Brandie said...

Looks like fun! Great pictures!

Sunil said...

This story showing a hearttouching way of fearwell when some friends go away from each other.


Sunil Choudhary

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step