Friday, August 21, 2009

Sew Much Fun!!

I don't know if there is such a thing as a soul mate.

But if there is, mine came over yesterday.

Her name is Beth. We were born in the same month. We value the same things. We share a love of sewing and quilting, and she taught me everything I know about the latter. Certain acts of love and friendship move us both. We have the same Lord. And heck, she laughs at my jokes - which is essential to being my friend.

Ok, so there's a few things that are different about us. Little things, you know. Like the fact that she is single, and I am so not single. And she's a nurse/missionary. Put 'em together, and you have one brave, dedicated little lady!

I may be dedicated. But I am not brave. Beth is brave.

I admire her greatly for her dedication to the Lord's call, her willingness to answer that call, and most of all, her walk with the Lord. When she comes over to sew, or we meet for coffee, I always walk away richer than I was before.

So without further ado, meet Beth:




Isn't she cute?

I think so too.

Unfortunately, I only took one picture of Beth, and failed to get a picture of us together. But I plan to do that before she heads out on the mission field. So the rest of these are pictures of me that you'll have to buck up and look through. And please don't make fun of my hairy arms. Thank you.






Beth and I actually found something we didn't agree on last night.

We were discussing birth stones, and she mentioned she always felt jipped (is that a word?) by the birthstone of our birth month.

I said, "Yeah, isn't it that pale purple stone? I don't know what they call it."

"No," she said. "It's a pearl."

Blank stare.

"It is?"

She nodded her head.

"My birthstone is a pearl?? Why didn't anyone ever tell me?"

She laughed. "I don't know. But I don't like pearls."

Really looooong blank stare.

"You what?!"

"I don't like pearls."

"You're kidding me. Tell me you're kidding me."

She looked down at her fabric.

"I'm not kidding."

She looked back up at me.

"Are we still friends?"

I said, "Gee. I don't know."

Then we of course broke out into hysterical laughter, picked up our needles, and spent the rest of the night trying to find other things we didn't know about each other.

And that, my friends, was sew much fun!!!

~Brenda

5 comments:

Brandie said...

Seriously could we have any MORE in common. I didn't realize the birth stone for me was a pearl either. I thought it was the purple thing too. I looked it up online and it listed both the purple stone was first but the PEARL was in bold whatever that means!

~Brenda said...

HAha! Brandie, you make me laugh. I didn't realize you and I were born in the same month. I wonder if we're the same age. ;-)

~Brenda

~Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GammySel said...

it is awesome to have such a friendship..
so what was the project you all worked on?


You are truly blessed
Angie

Unknown said...

that does sound like so much fun!!! I grinned right through the ending. Loved it.