Wednesday, September 29, 2010

pleasantly disturbed - r.i.p. little bunny, hello marcel the shell



I think Thursdays are a great day to celebrate being pleasantly disturbed. Come Thursday, I've usually had enough, so I had better start laughing to avoid crying. And who better to share that with than you - my lil' bloggy friends!?
Speaking of bloggy friends ... A new found bloggy friend give me an award for this here blog (pardon the prairie talk), and I still haven't gotten around to accepting it! Does that make me a horrible friend?

Speaking of friend ... I've been praying for a friend. A close friend. Other than my husband, of course. It's been quite some time since I've had one. This is due to several reasons (none of which have anything to do with being disturbed - I'm just sure of it!). So when I ran across this video, I knew my prayer was answered!! Marcel the shell would make a great friend, yes? I'm going to ask her if she'll be mine.




I just love her lil' doggy. And she's very lovable and not afraid to really give of herself. I mean, who else do you know who is willing to care for a lint pup? We're talkin' serious sacrifice here.

She's also hospitable enough to have friends over for a salad. Gotta love hospitality.

And self-esteem!! Lemme tell ya'. That girl's got some confidence, in spite of her .... uhh ... appearance.

Yes ... I think she'll make a perfect friend. Thank you, Lord, for answered prayers.

Speaking of perfection ... Excuse me while I drill myself:

Perfection is not the goal in homeschooling.

Perfection is not the goal in homeschooling.

Perfection is NOT the goal in homeschooling.

Perfection ... is not ... the goal ... in ... homeschooling.

Speaking of homeschooling ... A school day officially ends when you discover the pet bunny has died.

At that point ... it's funeral time.

R.I.P, little Fizzles.




This post has been part of Duane Scott's Pleasantly Disturbed carnival. It takes place every Thursday. Hop on over there and link up, or read more PDT posts!

Or both!!

7 comments:

Jerry said...

Brenda, I just gotta show this new friend of yours to my children. You aren't a possessive type of person are you? Marcel seems like she(he?)would be a good friend to my teenagers especially.

Anonymous said...

I want to share Marcel with my 14 yr. old great-granddaughter. I truly believe they can be best friends. How disturbing!

GinaMitchell said...

Your bunny was adorable! Seriously cute!

Duane Scott said...

I LOVE marcel. That was seriously some great entertainment! :) Thanks!

Wendy said...

I wish I had a pet lint.

Helen said...

I'm sorry that your pet bunny died. (Even if your child was in a regular classroom, the day would have been ruined by a class pet dying. At least your child was home and could be comforted by you.)

I have a lot in common with Marciel... dust bunnies....

Rose West said...

Awww... poor bunny :(

I love Marcel the Shell too! I can't stop watching the video...