Thursday, September 9, 2010

simple woman's daybook

I'm celebrating simplicity with many other ladies today. Go to the Simple Woman's Daybook to see other posts and link up with us!

Here goes:

Outside my window... Smoke, from a nearby forest fire. I don't know whether the details I've heard are accurate or not. But if they are, nine firefighter's have lost their homes (but continue to fight the fire around the clock), and four people are missing. It rained a bit today, but I'm praying for more.

I am thinking... I better go to bed soon, so I have energy to do my mommy thing. :)

I am thankful for... So many things! I'm seriously considering a Polyanna post later on entitled "The Glad Game."

From the learning rooms... The American's Creed, Phil. 2:4-11, and the names of all the oceans and seas, to name a few.

From the kitchen... There's one more piece of apple pie. Any volunteers?

I am wearing... Blue knickers with a blue and white hooded sweatshirt. It's Autumn!!

I am creating... A table runner. Hopefully pics will be up soon! I just need to finish a bit of quilting and sew the binding on.

I am going... Somewhere special for my anniversary. But it's a secret for now. Tell ya' later ... with pictures, of course.

I am reading... Be Still My Soul, by Elisabeth Elliot. Also Sinners In The Hands Of A Good God by David Clotfelter (I won't actually start reading this until tomorrow).

I am hoping... My back feels better tomorrow. I feel like someone beat me with a baseball bat. Ouchie.

I am hearing... Nothing but Andrew watching a survival show, but I'm doing my best to tune it out since they're eating dead rabbits.

Around the house... The dishwasher is fixed, thanks to a husband who is an awesome fixer upper dude!

One of my favorite things... Talking to you. Even better when you talk to me. ;)

A few plans for the rest of the week: Grocery shopping. Love to grocery shop.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing... This is a picture of a little girl at the swimming pool (obviously). I don't know her. I was just stalking her while Andrew and his cousins swam. Do me a favor (insert picture of me on my knees begging here) and let me know which coloring you like best? 1, 2, or 3?

1. 



2.


3.


3 comments:

Garilyn S said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for the sweet comments. I agree, we do seem to have quite a few things in common.

I'd have to go with picture #1. I like the coloring on that one best!

Mrs.Mayhem said...

What a cute little girl! I can see why you were stalking her! I like the color version the best because her pink cheeks are just so stinkin sweet.

Jill said...

Hope your back is feeling better soon!

Have a great weekend!

Blessings,Jill