I'm thankful for people who come along and encourage when I'm having a rough week. Last weekend, and this entire past week has been challenging to say the least.
Sometimes God puts a friend in our path to lift us up, and sometimes He uses our own kids. Of course, He is not past using multiple methods to accomplish His will for us, whether it be people or Scripture, or .... fill in the blank. But my point is that for me, this past week, He placed just the right people at just the right times in my path.
Just like a good Daddy would do ...
Sunday evening, a friend approached me at church to ask me how a certain situation in my life was going, and she assured me she had been praying, especially the last two weeks. I think I may know Who burdened her heart to do so.
Then on my 21st wedding anniversary, my daughter (Ashlee) wrote this on my facebook wall:
So. My parents have been married for 21 years today. And since I'm married now, I'm beginning to respect that more and more...and more. :) Thank you God, for giving my parents the strength to persevere, no matter how hard it got, and thank you Mom and Dad for being willing to defy all odds and still love each other deeply after 21 years. I love you two! :)
And since I serve a gracious God, I also received this pleasant surprise on our dry erase board when I went into the schoolroom to fetch my cell phone:
And my response was:
Good timing, indeed.
Thank you, Lord.


3 comments:
Wow, God does sneak around a bit to surprise us when we walk unaware. Thanks for sharing.
What a great post from your daugther; a testament of your good parenting!
http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com
I love how that happens! It's the little things that count :)
Post a Comment