Sunday, May 10, 2009

That's My Mom



When the situation seems impossible, just tell my Mom about it. She'll either do something to solve it, ask someone else to do something to solve it, pray about it, or ask her Pastor to pray about it.

That's my Mom.

When there's cleaning to be done, hire my Mom. She'll scrub every nook and cranny, every surface, floor, and toilet in sight until it sparkles like Mr. Clean did it himself.

That's my Mom.

When there's a family gathering, and food is to be prepared, let my Mom do the foot work. She'll take a simple meal of burgers on the grill and turn it in to the best meal you've had since 1984.

That's my Mom.

When you have a friend of a friend that is struggling financially, alert my Mom. She'll spend all of her extra earnings just to see that hurting people are well cared for, even if it means she will have to go without a warm coat for the rest of the winter.

That's my Mom.

When you want to go out to eat, invite my Mom. You'll be sure to get a free meal, and the change from the twenty she paid with to boot.

That's my Mom.

When you want to sit down and have a heart to heart, even if you don't know how to articulate what it is you're struggling with, talk to Mom. She understands. She sees through your childish, pathetic utterings, no matter how old you are.

That's my Mom.

And last, but not least ...

When you want to hear the most angelic laugh in the world, make Mom laugh. Because whether you're joyful, depressed, or bi-polar, you'll find Mom to be the best medicine.

That's my Mom.

I'm not gonna lie. My Mom is far from perfect. We've had our fair share of disagreements and hardships. But the older I get, the more appreciative I get, knowing that she, in many ways, went above and beyond the call of duty in raising me and my hooligan brothers.

So on this Mother's Day, I'd like to rise up and call my Mom blessed.

I love and appreciate you, Mom. And I hope I never give you any reason to doubt it.

Love,

~Brenda

This post is part of a world wide blogging tribute to Moms led by TheBlogFrog

5 comments:

Holly said...

What a wonderful post! Thank you for entering your post in TheBlogFrog's Mothers Day blog contest. We will be posting the winner this evening!

Holly with TheBlogFrog

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post!

April said...

I am a lurker and your post about your Mom was so nice to read. My Mom was a wonderful woman just like your Mom is. Never ever fail to tell her how much you appreciate her.

~Brenda said...

TeeTee and April,

Thanks for lurking and commenting. Glad you enjoyed the post. I'm praying that I win the contest, just so Mom can get those flowers!! :-))

Linda Hughes said...

Very sweet! I enjoyed reading it.