Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Won, I Won, I Won!!!!

Oh. My. Word.

I'm doin' the happy dance over here on the Prairie. I actually WON a contest on a blog. And I never win anything!!

Now my Mom ... my Mom wins stuff all the time. She won an Atari from McDonald's when I was a kid. Do you even KNOW how popular we were at school when our peers found out?! She won Cabbage Patch dolls at KMart when I was little, which did nothing for my popularity. But it did a lot for hers as far as I was concerned! She won fishing gear. Every so often she'll buy a lottery ticket, and more often than not, wins something ... even if it's five bucks. She's got the magic touch.

But me? The only thing I've ever won is a bucket full of quarters in Las Vegas when I was 19, aka underage. And I only sacrificed one quarter to get that.

So join me in my happy-on-the-prairie-square-dance, surf on over to Diapers, Dishes, and a Glass of Cabernet, and read about my really cool prize!

And then surf back over here and let me know if you'd enjoy a little contest of our own here at Prairie Tales. Cuz I've got a really funny picture just waiting to have a title.

((Hugs)),

5 comments:

April said...

Yay how exciting! I never win anything either but my Dad can win anything...I wish I had got that talent.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

Tracy

~Brenda said...

Hmmm ... I wonder if it's a "talent", a "gift", or just plain ol' "luck." :-)

Cheryl @ On the Old Path said...

I am not much of a winner in contests either. So Conngratulations!! You have a very nice blog!

~Brenda said...

Thanks, Cheryl. :-)