Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sacrificial Photo Shoot

No, this is not a post about the sacrificing of animals. Well, it sort of is. Because I smacked at least 12 mosquitos in the head while I was shooting these photos last night.

And I'm pretty sure they're dead now, while I am left with the blood sucking scars.

Ahem!

I had just finished the dinner dishes last night, and Shaun swooped me off my feet told me to hurry up and get in the car so we could go see the sunset. I grabbed my camera, and approximately 57 seconds later, we were at the baseball park and I shot these (click to enlarge):









Sorry for the semi-fuzziness of the photos. The photographer really doesn't know what she's doing still needs to read her manual.

I'm pretty sure you're wondering why in the world we have such awesome scenery if I do indeed live on the prairie.

Fear not, Lovely Lurkers! I speak the truth when I say I live on the prairie. It's just that, well ... God has given us the best of both worlds!!

You see, on one side of my house there's nothing but flat prairie land that reminds me of a scene off of The Little House on the Prairie. But on the other side ... it's nothing but awesome mountains that I am blessed to view each time I make a trip into town.

And if that's not a reason to yip for joy, I don't know what is.

~Brenda

“Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.” ~Eddie Cantor

2 comments:

PW said...

What lovely shots!!!!!! Yes I never for once doubted that you lived on the prairie. I have travelled over 30,000 miles of train throughout the U.S. and have seen first hand all of a sudden flat prairie jutts up against majestic foothills and mountains!!

Gorgeous shots.

~Brenda said...

Well, I did zoom in on these photos. So I'm not quite as close as it looks. But even this far out, they look so BIG sometimes. Never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks for being a faithful lurker. ;-)

~Brenda