Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Headline: Brenda the Blogger Nearly Blown To Bits While Barbequeing

That could have been the next headline in my local newspaper.

I put some chicken on to grill for lunch. Turned the gas on, but forgot to flip the switch that actually fires the thing up. Went off to get the chicken ready, change the water on the lawn, put the clothes in the dryer, and ten other little things I was sure I could get done before said grill was all warm and toasty. Came back to the grill, realized I hadn't flipped that oh so important little switch, felt just a little twinge of "your mother wouldn't do that if she were you," and ....

flipped the switch anyway, and .....

KAAAABLOOOM!!!

I saw fire. I saw my life flash in front of me. And I saw the lid nearly make it's way to Kansas.

Other than my big toe all of a sudden developing a case of supraventricular tachycardia ...

I'm fine.

~Brenda

Disclaimer: All content in above post is the truth and nothing but the truth, save for the little part about the lid nearly making it's way to Kansas.

2 comments:

PW said...

Oh no!!! Are you ok? ((((((HUGS))))))

~Brenda said...

LOL. Yes, I'm fine! Really, I am! It definitely got my heart to racing ... and I'm sure the neighbors wondered if they should call 911. But alas ... no ambulances showed up.

Whew! I'll listen to that small, little voice next time.

~Brenda