For me, it's time to rejoice. I know, I know. I said it was time to weep.
But who says we can't do both?
I weep that Grandma is gone, and it may be quite some time before I see her again. I rejoice that I do get to see her again.
I weep that I can no longer see her and her magnificent abode. I rejoice that I was priveledged to know and love her for nearly 37 years, and felt so at home in her abode.
I weep that she had to suffer for so long. I rejoice that she no longer suffers or even remembers her suffering.
I weep that a large part of my childhood is gone. I rejoice that God gave me a childhood that I can call awesome, and Grandma Brown to share it with.
I miss you, Gma B, and rejoice over the time we were blessed to have you.
All of you.
Your generosity, your courage, your stubornness and fight to live, the words you never could pronounce right, and even the way you worried excessively.
Thank you for making my world a better place.
~Brenda
Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. ~Romans 12:15
1 comment:
Dearest Brenda...I am touched by your rememberences of your dear Grandma Brown. I can relate to the value and blessing of having an exceptional grandma. Grandmothers set the tone of what is dear and precious in a family. I think the best thing we can do to honor our grandmothers is to decide to be a good one ourselves. I'm already in that phase. You will get to it soon enough. Hang in there, dear one. The grieving will get less raw and become more bearable and sweet as the days progress. Thanks for the reminder to all of us that grandmothering is serious business. Grandma Coats
Post a Comment