That's right. Danny Gokey.
Prairie Pebble #5:
I'm an American Idol watcher.
I wasn't until this season. In fact, I purposely avoided the show because the clips I saw of Simon were always so mean and cruel that I didn't think I could handle it. I only started watching because Jessie practically begged me.
Okay, she didn't beg. But she was quite pathetic. And I relented, as usual.
When I first started watching, it was quite painful. Simon WAS cruel. Could he not be a little more graceful in telling people that they suck?
Anyway, the more I watched, the more intrigued I got. Not because I was ooing and ahhing over anyone. But because I got to watch people under pressure. I got to watch them pursue their dreams ... some failing miserably, some succeeding beyond what they realized they were capable of.
I fell in love with Danny at the beginning.
Maybe I should rephrase that.
Prairie Pebble #5:
I'm an American Idol watcher.
I wasn't until this season. In fact, I purposely avoided the show because the clips I saw of Simon were always so mean and cruel that I didn't think I could handle it. I only started watching because Jessie practically begged me.
Okay, she didn't beg. But she was quite pathetic. And I relented, as usual.
When I first started watching, it was quite painful. Simon WAS cruel. Could he not be a little more graceful in telling people that they suck?
Anyway, the more I watched, the more intrigued I got. Not because I was ooing and ahhing over anyone. But because I got to watch people under pressure. I got to watch them pursue their dreams ... some failing miserably, some succeeding beyond what they realized they were capable of.
I fell in love with Danny at the beginning.
Maybe I should rephrase that.
I didn't fall in love with him. But I thought he had a really sweet spirit, and I love his raspy voice ... and glasses. I didn't even find out about his wife dying until later, so don't try and tell me I'm just sympathizing. I picked him from the start, and I wanted him to win (insert unattractive foot stomping here).
And I'm not gonna sugar coat this folks. I'mticked completely bummed! I think Danny has far more talent than that of mister-scream-like-you-are-stuck-in-a-barbed-wire-fence-on-the-prairie-Adam-Lambert.
Don't get me wrong. I think Adam is very talented. He can do his own rendition of any song 'til the cows come home.
And I'm not gonna sugar coat this folks. I'm
Don't get me wrong. I think Adam is very talented. He can do his own rendition of any song 'til the cows come home.
But Danny has heart. Danny has spunk. Danny has passion. Danny has rasp.
The good kind of rasp.
And Danny doesn't release any blood curtling screams (remember Adam's rendition of Ring of Fire?)
I dare ya' to click that link and listen. If you are a Johnny Cash fan ... well... you might want to refrain from tuning in.
Why?
Because I'm 100% sure that Mr. Cash rolled over in his grave the night Adam
Having said all of that ... I also believe the infamous Adam Lambert scream has potential.
No, I'm not being willy nilly. I just think that the scream would come in mighty handy whenever I feel those dreaded lurkers hanging around. Not my Lovely Lurkers, mind you. I love all my Lovely Lurkers.
Cuz they listen to me when I need to vent about trivial things.
Like American Idol contestants.
But those dreaded lurkers need to be scared away, and I am confident that the Adam Lambert scream would do the trick.
As for Danny ... well ... sigh ... farewell, buddy. I wouldn't be surprised if we see you sometime real soon.
As for the rest of the competition ...
~Brenda

2 comments:
I second all that! I think Adam is an excellent singer, whom I don't like and I totally dug Danny's 'heart' too! But I'm going for Kris now!
Yep! Kris is awesome. I predicted early on that it would come down to Danny, Kris, and Adam. I would be happy if Kris won. I think he has a lot of heart and talent also. And as Jessie puts it, he's "super delicious." LOL
~Brenda
Post a Comment