This week, from my Simple Woman's Daybook:
You can have a Simple Woman's Daybook too. Just click the link above, link up, and viola! You're a simple woman. I'm not sure if I qualify as a simple woman ... but I like to pretend.
Outside my window... Sunshine, and high temps. Loving the warm weather, while everyone else seems to be roasting to near death.
I am thinking... about shopping with Jessie today. I have two gift cards to Macy's, given to me by my church as a way of thanking me for my service the last (almost) three years. Honestly, I don't know what I'm going to buy. For one, I never shop at Macy's. Not because I don't love it. But because of the prices. For another, I don't ever shop anywhere! I need clothes fairly desperately, but I have a hard time finding styles I like, that fit, and are in my price range. I'm counting on Macy's to provide all three for me today. I'll let ya' know how that works out .... ;)
I am thankful for... a good report from my mom-in-law's MRI. The brain cancer has still not returned!!
From the kitchen... An easy supper of sausage and sauerkraut. And possibly no-bake cookies.
I am wearing...my pink fuzzy robe ... again.
I am creating... hand-written journals. I have a stack of them. One is for prayer, one is for quotes, one is for daily ponderings, etc. I love them all!
I am going... to Macy's. Pay attention!
I am reading... The Discipline of Grace, by Jerry Bridges. And Once Upon A Summer, by Janette Oke.
I am hoping... for spiritual growth.
I am hearing... the hum of the air conditioner.
Around the house... fairly clean, except for the bathrooms, which I will skillfully put off until tomorrow or Friday.
One of my favorite things... Shopping when I actually have money to spend.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Getting a letter out to Peter (who is in Marine boot camp), calling my Mom, planning a 4th of July activity, and just enjoying the summer.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... This is the little yellow chair I was working on. It went from dark blue to this bright yellow. I did a photo shoot with my niece, and used the chair in it. I'll post some photos from that, as soon as I'm done working on them. When I put the chair out in a field of weeds, and sat her in it, she looked at me like I belonged in the nut house.
Observant girl, she is.

1 comment:
Hi-just stopping by from the daybook. Love the chair!
Post a Comment