First, thank you for your comments, well wishes, and prayers.
Second, Jeanine's surgery went well, and she looks well. I was amazed at her color fresh out of surgery. She even looked as though she had lipstick on ... and I'm pretty sure they don't have any cosmetologists working in the OR. :-)
They were able to remove about 94% of the cancer, and that's the good news. The bad news is that it does appear to be a very aggressive type of cancer - the same type that Ted Kennedy had. The prognosis is that she has three to six months if she chooses to refuse the chemo and radiation. If she decides to go ahead with the chemo and radiation, she will have about a year.
We will not be 100% certain whether this cancer is the type they believe it to be until the labs come back.
Having said all of that, we know that her homegoing is in God's hands. The doctors do not determine how long Jeanine has. All they can do is give us their best estimate. I will continue to pray for Jeanine's healing, her complete recovery. Because I believe it's possible and I refuse to give up!
Please do not send me comments and emails saying that I am in denial, because I'm not. The reality of it all hit home with me last night. On the other hand, I don't want to give in to defeat when that's not necessarily what the Lord has called me to. I'm simply saying that Jeanine's fate is up to the Lord, not the doctors ... and I feel very thankful for that.
I am at home for most of today to catch up on laundry, school, and other things. It's therapeutic and necessary (we're all out of underwear!) to have bit of normalcy in my life today. And of course, a blog post is always in my daily schedule if it's a normal day. Mostly because I love to come here and share my struggles, triumphs, frustrations, revelations ... all of it.
My hope is that, through my life ... the life of my family ... you will be able to see the love of Christ. Please don't hesitate to let me know how I can pray for you. I'd like this relationship to be two-way, and I don't wish to be so consumed with my own problems that I can't see anyone else's need.
So ask away. :-)
More to come, and hopefully soon.
~Brenda
5 comments:
I don't think you're in denial at all, the Bible says that our HOPE comes from the Lord. He is the ultimate physician, the healer of our bodies and truly the One who holds Jeanine's life in His hands. I'm happy to hear that the report was good! I will continue to pray for her as well as for your family.
And isn't normal a wonderful thing to come home to?! :)
Miracles happen daily. Hold fast to your faith, and I will continue to keep you and yours in my prayers.
:)
Brenda,
So glad she made it through the surgery. Glad you are hanging in there and glad that you have faith to carry you in these tough times! My worst affliction this week I lost my keys but luckily I have the best babysitter in the world and she found them so I am good. I will pray for you though!!
Brandie
Hi Brenda - Just catching up on your blog. So sorry to read about your mother-in-law. I do know that her journey ahead, whatever path she chooses, will be easier with you by her side. And you and your family will need to cherish the time you have with her. My mum died suddenly without warning before my children were born so they never had the chance to know their grandmother and I have wished so often that she was around. Take care,
Thanks for the friendly hello on my site! I just want you to know I'm saying a prayer for you all right now......
My husband and I (and our baby) are flying for a week long vacation. Please pray for our safety and the safety of the children we are leaving behind with grandparents! Thanks.
Love, Shanda
Post a Comment