Truth be told, family comes before blogging, and family has needed me. So until that changes, a couple of posts a week is what you can expect, rather than the four or five that I was posting.
Ah hem!
Now that we have that straight ...
The winds of change have been blowing out here on the Prairie. In the last couple of months, I've experienced these changes:
- I'm officially empty nesting. Ashlee has gone and gotten her own tree to
hugcamp under. It's been coming for months, and really, I'm ok with it. Everyone is on good terms. I didn't have to give her the boot. I didn't even want to give her the boot. But I don't suppose that makes it any easier. Perhaps it's a bit hard to swallow, because of everything else that is transpiring. If you're an empty nester, give me a holler. We need to talk. No, you need to talk. I need to listen. - My mother-in-law was diagnosed with brain cancer. If you've not read about that, just scroll down to the last three or four posts. It's all there.
- There's been a ch-ch-ch-change (or shall I say, decline) in my health, but not much progress in finding a solution. I do go in for some tests this week (and possibly next) that will hopefully give us a better idea of how we can accomplish getting me some more food/nutrition. I'm ready for drastic measures, even if that means more ch-ch-ch-change.
- Shaun has begun seminary classes. You know what that means? It means that I will someday be a Mrs. Pastor. And if that's not a huge ch-ch-ch-change, I don't know what is!!! It's almost funny, really. I feel like Sarah, when she heard people talking about how she would have a child in her old age. She, of course, laughed. I have never laughed out loud about being a Mrs. Pastor. I simply snicker inwardly, and say, yeah right ... me?? Nevertheless, Mrs. Pastorhood is the road I'm treading down, and I am trying to adjust and be supportive. Honestly, most days I'm excited. Other days, I laugh. Hysterically.
- Jessie cut her hair. All of it. Off. Gone. Kaputt. She walked out with hair nearly touching her waist, and came back with hair just a touch below her ear. It's cute!!! And while I like the long hair better, she pulls off a short do pretty well. A lady at church asked, "Did she cry?" I said, "No ... but I think she was trying to make ME cry!" Ha! I didn't cry. But it's more ch-ch-ch-change to get accustomed to, which seems to be my calling as of late. To adjust, adjust, adjust.
There's more, but nothing more I can really share. I know you'll either hope that one day, I'll be able to share, or you will shrug your shoulders, go about your day, and never think of it again.
Either scenario is quite alright with me.
Now all this ch-ch-ch-change talk has worn me out. So I'm going to bed.
I wonder what ch-ch-ch-change I will encounter tomorrow ....
~Brenda
6 comments:
I was so glad this morning to see that you posted! I enjoy following the prairie life immensely. Hang tight with all of those changes. Remember, you may be fearful to ride the roller coaster (that is life) but once your done, you want to get back on! :)
PS I think you will make a great mrs. pastor!
Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity
I'm happy to see this post! I understand that when the winds of change blowing your way, things can be super chaotic. I will be praying for you that God will hold your hand and your heart through these changes :)
Missing you lots - thanks for updating!
Glad to see you back :) Boy, when you say change, you mean change! I am with you on the empty nest thing .. even though I'll likely never really have an empty nest because of my youngest and his needs ... but my middle child is away at college - really away, as in 9 hours and another time zone. And my oldest is getting married next year. It all seems so final.
At least my husband isn't going to make me a Mrs. Pastor! But I know you'll do great!
Many blessings,
Ethel
Would love to see a photo of Jessey's new do! I know ch-ch-change is hard (I personally don't care for it myself)but when we step outside of the "box" (or are thrown out of our comfort zones)beautiful things can happen...just wait; God's plan is working for good!
Mary
I haven't been reading for a while in dealing with my own family issues too. I am sorry to hear about your mother-in-law that is too bad. And about your own health. I hope you found a different doctor to work with. One that calls you back in a timely manner. My prayers are with you.
wow girl... change! crazy! Haven't been able to blog hop at all for the past month or more, looking forward to keeping up with you with more regularity as winter settles in.
Post a Comment