You know what that means?
It means I'm old!!!
And ...
It means I've been married for 20 years today. I had just posted a status on Facebook this morning about being married for 20 years today, followed up by whining that I just wasn't old enough to be married that long. Ok, maybe I'm not old enough to be married that long. But I wouldn't change anything. I'd get married when I was 17 again in a heartbeat.
Anyway, after posting that status, I found this in my inbox. Gosh ... I feel kind of odd about posting it. I did promise Shaun he could do a guest post. And you're right honey - never again - unless you tell me first what you've got up that dingy sleeve of yours! ;)
So with blushing cheeks, and my other cheeks squirming in my seat, here is Shaun's guest post:
It’s time for you to pay up! You promised me a guest blog post and here it is……….no arguing! (He can get a little bossy sometimes)
Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. The heart of her husband safely trusts her; So he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil All the days of her life. Proverbs 31:10-12
In order to clear things up from the start let me say this: I made Brenda promise to let me post something on Prairie Tales without telling her what it was first. I guarantee she will never let me again.
Brenda is my most valuable earthly treasure and the greatest blessing God has given me, other than Himself. She loves selflessly, gives herself away generously, and brings joy to my life that I would never have known without her.
Brenda is a fantastic mother to our children. She has devoted her life to raising them from before they were born. She even stopped smoking cigars! Just kidding honey! Although Brenda was young when she had our girls she gave herself to the hard work of mothering them with a good attitude. I remember times when she was so tired that I wondered if she would pass out, but the kids never lacked for any good thing. Meals were prepared, diapers were changed, the house was cleaned and their father was loved; all with a consistently cheerful attitude.
Brenda is exceedingly generous with her time, her house and her money. At various times early in our marriage we have had her brother, her cousin, and all three of my sisters live with us. As much as I have learned generosity, I have learned it from you, my love.
Brenda exemplifies joy during trials better than anyone I have ever known. She has health problems that most people don’t know about. They don’t know because the problems don’t show on her countenance. She wants to be joyful herself and to have others experience the same joy.
Brenda is my idea of the ideal wife. I thank God regularly for her. There is no way that I deserve a wife like her, she is a gift of grace from the Gracious Giver. She is beautiful physically, she keeps her hair the way I like it even though she likes different styles, she keeps her appearance up on all but the worst health days and she has the most adorable eyes you will ever see. Brenda is the best companion I can imagine. She didn’t like football when we got married, but now she does! She goes places with me when she would rather stay home just because I need a friend.
It occurs to me that after reading this you may think Brenda is a doormat. Ha! Brenda has strong opinions and beliefs. She knows what is right and she is not afraid to let me have it. I need to be redirected often and she does so with a grace and dignity far beyond her years.
So what am I saying with all of this? I’m saying that I love you Brenda, and our twenty years together have been the best years of my life. I am looking forward to the next twenty and more with you. Happy Anniversary!
Through trails and triumph,
Through joy and pain,
From rough times to smooth,
And over again,
His grace will sustain us
With this gift so fine,
I am yours,
And you are mine.
Your Hubby,
Shaun
Is that stinkin' sweet, or what!?
Thanks, honey. I'm glad to be yours ... for the next 20 years ... and beyoooooond!!!!
~Brenda, the blushing bride on the Prairie
11 comments:
Aw! It made me cry! That was great. Congratulations to you both. I hope the next 20 years are more blessed for you than even the last 20!
How sweet!
Congratulations on your Anniversary. Hope you have many more.
From Mom and Dad Coats to Brenda and Shaun. We remember 20 years ago today. We were then and are still so very proud of both of you. May God continue to guide you and keep you safely together is our prayer. Congratulations to you both. Mom and Dad Coats
Happy Anniversary to you guys, and what a great tribute from your husband.
Happy Anniversary sweetie! What an amazing guest entry :) I think it's so wonderful that your husband looks at you this way. As I read his loving words about you, it struck me that he truly does see you through the eyes of God. What a blessing!
Here's praying for 20 more years of a blessed and happy marriage!
That was beautiful Brenda!
Happy Anniversary!!!!
Love and Prayers,
Tim
That was so sweet. I teared up! I hope my marriage (which will be in 17 days) is just as blessed as yours has been!
Happy Anniversary!
There have been a few years that I have forgotten but today I remembered a young man in a black tuxedo and a young woman in a white dress standing at the edge of a canyon on a beutiful,crisp fall day smileing at eachother while another young woman sang them a song (The Rose). At the time, this couple did not have much of a past, but today they can look back at the (many) years and say with certaintly that they have been filled with; committment, self sacrifice, joy, pain, happiness, sorrow, struggle, blessings...and most of all LOVE!
Congratulations to my brother and sister...whom I dearly love.
Mary
What a sweet post :)
Happy 20 MORE!!!
Lucy
Hello Happy couple. Heel Hartelijk Gefeliciteerd met uw 20-jarig huwelijk. Nog heel veel geluk, gezondheid en voorspoed met elkaar in de toekomst.
so, let me translate this for you
Many Happy Congratulations on Your 20years of marriage. Another loads of happiness, health and prosperity with each other in the future.
I am brought to tears by these loving words of this blessed and thankful man, you married and made Brenda.
A partner in love cannot say these words often enough to us, ladies but love does not come easy, it is a verb..day in day out, and all through the nights of our lifes.
Bless you
Godeliva van Ariadone
Happy Anniversary. I actually came on yesterday and thought my comment went through, but evidently it didn't. Anyways, happy belated Anniversary.
Post a Comment