So I took Andrew back to the doctor today to find out what was causing him to break out in a rash. It was definitely an allergic reaction to his antibiotic (the second one they put him on). When he first started to develop a rash, I took him off the antibiotic, and called the doctor. I decided to leave him on the steroids they gave him, because I knew that steroids help minimize allergic reactions. The doctor told me I was a very smart mom to do that. :-) She thought the reaction could have been pretty serious if I hadn't. We've got him on some anti-histamine, and he's already looking better. Whew!!! I'm so glad it wasn't another sickness that he would have to deal with. After three weeks of this, we're ready for Andrew to be back up to par!
On the downside, Shaun and I are now both fighting some kind of bug. But ... since we are brute strong, I'm sure we won't be affected for long. Ha! Knock on wood....
Again, I hope you all are keeping well. Make sure you drink lots of orange juice, take your garlic (even if it does make you stink), and drink that echinacea tea. And try not to work yourself into a frenzy. Rest, rest, rest!!
~PrairieBren
No comments:
Post a Comment