Friday, February 22, 2008

Mawwiage!!!

Mawwiage is what bwings us togeva ... today! And wuv ... twuuuuue wuv!!! Will folwow you...foweva....

Ok, maybe I've watched Princess Bride one too many times. But, since it's the month of Valentines, love and marriage have been on the brain. I know two very young couples right now who are contemplating marriage. One of which happens to be my daughter and her boyfriend ... sigh. Not that I disapprove - but they are VERY young.

Now, having gotten married at age seventeen myself, maybe these kids think that I don't have much room to talk. I can see how they would look at Shaun and I and assume that their marriage would work out the same way (we've been married 18 years now - woohoo!). So how do you tell young ones that are twitterpated and in love that they need to be serious about the journey they are about to embark on? Seriously, post a comment and let me know your thoughts. What would you say to someone who is still a teen and talking marriage? Do you think marriage should be reserved for those only over 20 years old? When is someone mature enough to be married? Is anyone EVER mature enough to be married? Can someone that is still a teen know what "twue wuv" is, and know what type of dedication it takes to say the vows of marriage? Princess Buttercup was certainly not very old ... and neither was her Wesley. ;-) In days of old, it was much more common to be married at a young age. Why has time changed that?

Let me know what you think the pros and cons of marrying early are. Feel free to remain anonymous if you'd like. :-)

In the meantime, I hope you all had a great Valentines Day. Shaun and I celebrated a few days late, but went out and enjoyed each others company. I'm grateful we can still do that! Love you, honey!!! :-))

~PrairieBren

"Life without love is empty and meaningless no matter how gifted we are." Charles Stanley




No comments: