Thursday, January 31, 2008

Saga of Sickness...

The saga of sickness continues in our family. Andrew had strep, and we soon found out that he also has mono. I took him back to the doctor when I saw that he wasn't getting better, and his tonsils looked like cherries with cream cheese on them. ;-) I know, TMI!! Cherries is how the doctor described them, and once they were covered in pus, Andrew added the cream cheese description. Ha! Anyway, if that wasn't enough, he's now got a rash covering the top half of his body. So we may be seeing the doctor yet again!

When the doctor looked at his tonsils, his face definitely revealed shock. He told me they were some of the worst he's ever seen ... and then proceeded to tell me that he should have them out. So, once he's recovered some from the mono, we'll be going to the throat doctor. Our appointment is in six weeks.

Ashlee came down with the 24 hour stomach flu yesterday, but looks like she's on the mend. Shaun, me, and Jessie have escaped the lurking illnesses so far. Many families in our church are struggling too, so I'm guessing it's just a really bad flu season. Just another reason to be anxious for spring to get here! :-)

Oh yes, and let's not forget my brother, Larry, who had to have his appendix out today. I'm sure he'll be fine, especially since he'll be getting all that beloved morphine that he's so fond of. Ha! Get well soon, Uncle Larry!!!

Well, other than taking care of sickos, not much is new. I'm learning what it means to be a secretary, and more importantly, what it means to be a servant. Not just in secretarial duties, but in all areas of life. :-)

Hope you all are staying well.

Much love,

~PrairieBren
"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it." Erma Bombeck

No comments: