Monday, October 18, 2010

projects 101

Projects 101, not because this is a class ... but because that's about how many projects I have in progress right now!

Yeah, I'm exaggerating. But it seems that way sometimes.

Two posts ago, I promised (I believe I said "Scouts honor!") that I would post pics of my current projects on the next post. Then I got terribly excited about my "Jesus saved me" post, so I forgot. I guess it's ok, since I've never been a girl scout. ;-)

I digress ...

Here are the few things I'm working on:

I'm attempting to make a dent in my stash, and decided some headbands would be a good idea.



Another stash buster - hot pads!




This isn't a stash buster. This is my precious fabric that I'm attempting to make into a wall hanging for the school room. 






At first I laid it out like this, and then realized it looked kinda funky.




So I re-did it like this. I simply rotated the center of the stars so that the flowers stood upright instead of sideways. Much better!




And the table runner in back of all the headbands and hot pads is a project I failed to show you earlier. I know - I'm just a tease! 




Bedee, bedee ... that's all, folks!

Hope you enjoyed the tour. Anybody else out there busting their stash?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could sew! Beautiful quilt. I have all sorts of craft supplies, even fabric...I don't know why.

dawn said...

Just had to drop in and let you know how much I like seeing your projects.
And I guess I shouldn't tell you my mother is a quilter and has designed several quilt block patterns over the years... she was the editor of the National Quilter's Assoc magazine for, well, forever!
Here is a link to her website with some of the quilts she designed... I though you might enjoy taking a look!
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~faywest/