Tuesday, May 11, 2010

prairie dog

I'm not sure why I have never thought of this before, but it occurred to me the other day that you have never met our pet. No, we do not have a prairie dog for a pet. But we do have a dog. And we live on the prairie. Besides, it was a catchy title.

Ahem!

So here's our little prairie dog. I think her cuteness deserves a permanent spot on the sidebar, so that you can enjoy her perky ears, M&M eyes, and button nose anytime you want.

So without further ado, here's Annie. Our praire dog.





Ok, so she's not a big, burly, bird catcher, hunter, or even a guard dog. But she's my Annie. She will greet me everytime I come home just like she hasn't seen me in about 7.6 years. She's loyal, friendly, loves people (except for toddlers who step on her), and she doesn't eat or shed much. What else could I ask for?

And I take that back about not being a guard dog. It's not that she could do any real damage if an intruder came through my doors, but, I would at least know someone was in fact intruding. This would allow me to grab my baseball bat Uzi and do some serious protecting of my loved ones. She's a small dog with a big dog attitude, and if someone comes in that she's not familiar with, I'll know it.

So as you can see, Annie the prairie dog is just what we need. Maybe someday, I'll also own a German Shepherd, but for now, Annie floats my boat!

~Brenda

Disclaimer: I do not own an Uzi.  ;)

6 comments:

Dawn Herring said...

She's adorable. She remind me a little bit of the dog Taffy I grew up with. She was a cocker spaniel poodle mix with curly fur. Of course, it's always appropriate to put our pets in a place with the family. :)

Be refreshed,
Dawn

Doreen McGettigan said...

She looks just like my dog Louie..we call him ToTo. Ours is quite the guard dog too; always on duty!

Lois H said...

Love your prairie dog! What breed is she?
We have big, burly dogs that scare everyone they meet - and really all they want to do is lick everyone. :-)

Duane Scott said...

I absolutely love your dog. :) Did I hear something about you being from Iowa?

I've subscribed to your feed and look forward to getting to know you better.

~Brenda said...

Duane, I left a comment on your blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Lois, Annie is a Cairn Terrier. Same dog as ToTo on Wizard of Oz, only a different color. :)

~Brenda

Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity said...

Love the name! :)