In case you're wondering why Jessie was feeling akin to Eeyore this last Monday .....
It's because Peter (on the left) was sworn in .....
To the Marine Corps ....
While we watched ....
.....ever so proudly. And while we're sad that we will not see him for four months (boot camp plus school), we are proud and thankful that he has chosen to serve his country. I, personally, am thankful for his newfound friend, Drew, whom he met the morning he shipped off. Within minutes of meeting Drew, I could tell that he was an exceptionally good kid. He'll be a good friend to Peter and vice versa. I don't know about Peter ... but that makes me feel better about sending him away. I thought it was kind of ironic how they looked like brothers, dressed the same, and had so much in common.
Is God good, or what?
We love you, Peter. I am praying for you and Drew both, that God would strengthen you physically, mentally, and spiritually. And that you would rely on Him to do just that ... and not on yourselves.
Please hurry home. There's someone here I'm taking care of for you while you're gone, but something tells me I'm a poor substitute.
No comments:
Post a Comment