Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Post To Show How Weird I Am

I've got a wild hair. So here are a few recent happenings that I would normally try and hide, for fear that people would think I was weird. But you know what? I am weird. So here, world. See my weirdness in all it's glory.

  • For dinner tonight, I made tuna fish sandwiches, scalloped potatoes, sliced cucumber, and crab/pasta salad. Otherwise known as the "I've been out all day shopping for flower girl dresses, and I have a headache" meal. Sorry honey, I'm weird. I'll do better next time.

  • I had a dream a few nights ago that we looked at a piece of property with a mobile home on it. The mobile home was filled with snow, but it was really nice and undamaged, so we were impressed (doesn't take much, does it?). When we walked outside, I was even more impressed at the 360 degree view of the mountains ..... in Kansas. That's just weird.

  • I ordered my mother of the bride dress over the internet today. It will arrive at my house on April 15th. When is the wedding, you ask? April 24th. Am I nuts, you ask? Why yes. Yes I am!!! I have no guarantee that the dress will fit, although they did sell my oddball size. Plus - the dress is absolutely gorgeous - and cheap. So I couldn't resist. I am sure it will need altered (at the very least hemmed). Nine days before the wedding. Good thinking, Brenda ... ya' weirdo.

  • When we had company last week, I hid my toaster in the hall/laundry closet. After cleaning my house, I looked around with joy and satisfaction at the results .... until I spotted the toaster. "Leave the toaster on the counter. They won't even notice," came a little voice. But I couldn't do it. I cleaned the toaster off, thinking a little spit bath would do the trick. It was no use. Not only did the toaster not look any different, but I think I uncovered even more flaws by wiping it down. So I said, "Be brave, little toaster. Just pretend you're taking a little nap in the closet. When our non-judgmental friends leave, I'll place you back on the counter, and you'll be used and abused, just like always. Nothing will change. Promise."
 Don't believe me that my little toaster had to be brave? Well, thankfully, I was weird enough to document the proof:




Still skeptical as to whether this brave little toaster should have been subject to closet confinement? Just click those pics to see a better view. Trust me. It needed to go sleepy by in the closet ... even if that is weird.

  • And lastly ... I actually answered an inquiry on a public message board about how often I shave my legs ... and whether my husband is offended at how often (or shall I say how rare) it is that my razor and leg meet. Well, guess what? I was the weird one of the bunch, because I was the one who shaved more than her husband even cares about. What can I say? I come from a hairy family. I can grow leg hair like three year old cheese grows mold. It's fuzzy. It's thick. It's black. It's ugly. And I cannot go any longer than two days without breaking out the razor. And my hubby? He doesn't even notice. Now THAT is weird. ;) Besides. The last thing Shaun needs is a gourmet meal of tuna sandwiches and cucumbers to be served by a hairy, scary cook on the Prairie.

Now that you know for sure that I am weird and quirky, make me feel better by leaving a comment and letting me know that I am not alone. C'mon. Fess up. What did you do this last week that others might think are a bit on the odd side?

~Brenda

3 comments:

Kelly L said...

I hide things from guests too..lol

Very cute blog.

Kelly

trooppetrie said...

me, i always do things wonky. but for today i will tell you how my 13 year old walked into a ladies restroom monday to ask me if he could buy a magazine. when i said honey you do not walk into a ladies restroom he said but i had a question

Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity said...

I have to shave every day too, and if that is not bad enough, I had to shave my armpits in the CVS parking lot the other day after buying a disposable razor so that my hairy armpits did not offend my fellow gym clients. :) You are definitely not alone. BTW, your dinner sounds quite yummy.