Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Want To ....

  • Put on a spinny dress, and spin.
  • Sip lemonade in the sunshine
  • Read a whole book in one day in a lawn chair
  • Hang clothes on a clothesline
  • Take a hike with my camera
  • Go for a motorcyle ride
Who's game!?

Do you think perhaps I have caught a bit of Spring fever?

Well why not? I've had every other type of fever this winter.

It's 50 degrees here today - and sunny. And what am I doing? Computer work and cleaning my oven. Not that those are not admirable things. I mean, somebody has to do them, right? I guess I'm not used to warm weather, and have planned my days accordingly.

But from now on - I'm a weather channel watcher. The next 60 and sunny forecast that comes along, you can be sure that I will be out on the lawn, basking in the sunshine, blinding the poor neighbors with my gorgeous bod pasty white skin.

But for now - I have an oven to wipe out, and multiple power points to construct.

*Raises whine glass* To Spring!! May it's glorious warmth and beauty rain down on you (and me, me, oh pick me!!), and those whom you love. *Bows down* I promise to never, ever, ever take you for granted again, dear Spring, if you will but promise to return to me, your one true admirer.

I love you and miss you with all my heart, soul, and pasty white bod.

~Brenda, the sun-deprived, vitamin d deficient Mama on the Prairie

1 comment:

2cats said...

I'm with you. I want to have my morning coffee outside while I listen to the birds waking up the woods. The book is a given.
Spring takes so long to get here and leaves way too quickly. But I DO love it while it is here.