Anybody up for a little update?
Good!! Because I have one!
I had a little procedure done this last week (would love to provide you with a link, but there's just not much information on the web), in an attempt to improve my stomach function, get the pressure relieved that was causing my heart palpitations, and allow me to eat more foods.
So do you want the good news or the bad news first?
The good news?
Okay.
The good news is that a lot of the pressure is off, and my heart palpitations have significantly decreased. Not just in number, but in severity. As a result, I am resting much better. I'm also much more relaxed, because I no longer feel like someone is trying to shove my stomach back up through my throat after I eat.
Sorry. I know that wasn't pretty.
The bad news is that I don't think it's going to allow me to eat more foods. As in, more variety. However, I am able to eat supper now, whereas before, I found myself skipping dinner quite often just to avoid the pain and discomfort. So I'm hoping I will at least be able to maintain my weight.
Since I only eat meat and yogurt (with a bit of honey), I obviously need to add some variety. Dr. J is very tight lipped about what bridges we may eventually cross to get to that beautiful "other side," so I don't have information on what the next step is.
He also took biopsies of my small intestine to test for refractory sprue. I'm not going to worry about that unless I have to, so therefore I refuse to talk about it. :-)
So for now, I am content and thankful for the bit of relief I am experiencing, and while good ol' Dr. J has said this is not a permanent solution, I will take what I can get. For now.
Relief.
It's a beautiful, beautiful thing!!!
~Brenda
8 comments:
Happy to hear that you have some relief. My dh suffers from all sorts of digestive issues. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
That's so wonderful that you're feeling some relief! I've been praying for you quite a bit, so this praise report is one I'm thrilled to hear!
Here's hoping that you get a little more variety in your diet soon! :)
WoW! Three teens in one house, you brave woman you! These are the times that try moms souls!
Hate to hear ya'll have such tummy troubles but so happy you are getting some relief. I'll pray you get some permanent healing.
As we say here in the Ozarks hills and hollers, Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!!
Glad to hear you've found some relief. I cannot imagine surviving on meat and yogurt! I don't eat yogurt so that would really narrow down my options.
Good luck with getting to the other side of the bridge
I am glad you are feeling a little better. And I am so glad you can enjoy a little dinner. That is my favorite meal! I will keep you in my prayers!
Brandie
I am just new to visit your blog....so sorry to hear about your digestive issues.
Will be praying for a miraculous healing......God is good!
So good to hear this news, Brenda. Continued prayers that God will bring even more blessings.
Awesome!
I'm so glad you're moving forward... Hopefully a LONG WAY forward very soon!
Post a Comment