My love for blogging has not ceased, thank you very much. But unfortunately, a lot of my blogging time has.
Anyway, glad to be back in the saddle again. Out here on the prairie. With my hair flappin' in the wind, the breeze and sunshine whisping across my face ....
Ahem!
Back to reality ...
Ashlee is thousands of miles in the air as I "speak." I'm excited for her to be back from her trip ...
But I'm not sure the feeling is mutual.
Boys do that to young girls.
That's right. She went to see a boy.
An Airman.
She's been in the south, far away from this prairie, far away from everything she's ever known, but not far from my thoughts.
However, I'm not so sure but what we were far from her thoughts.
Why?
Because young love is terribly distracting. It makes you forget your cell phone. It makes you not answer your cell phone when your mother texts you. And it makes you downright ....
Twitterpated.
Yep, that's right. Ashlee's gone off the deep end. Into the sea of suffocating romance and smooshyness.
What's that? You want to meet him?
Suuuuure!!
Here he is when he came to visit last April - or perhaps it was May. I lose track.
His name is Daniel (hence the attempt to get just his name in the above pic) and we've known him since he was about seven.
His father was our Pastor for nearly ten years.
His mother played a crucial role in my life from the time I was a VERY young mother to my late twenties.
His sister and I used to play the piano together in church.
He used to turn my music pages for me as a little boy - and he did a darn good job of it!
He's about to make Captain in the Air Force.
He's 26.
He's a strong Christian.
He's fun to be around.
He's respectful towards Shaun and I.
He's very affectionate.
He's very sentimental.
He's very giving.
He's smarter than a whip.
My point?
My point is that I like him.
Excuse me while I grovel in that ... but honestly, I haven't like most of the boys Ashlee has brought home. So this is new and refreshing to me.
And I think they're cute together, to boot.
Don't you?
So please excuse me while I relish in my thankfulness to the Lord for bringing them together. And trust me ... it WAS Him that did this.
But that, my Lovely Lurkers, is another blog post!!!
~Brenda
6 comments:
Add Blog Linksto your blog and share links with your visitors and friends.
Blog Links: is a Free service that lets you add your blog link to multiple blog sites.(Click Here) to enter your link and view the entire list of links.
Here is just one of the Bolg Sites that Blog Links list is on(Serendipity is Sweet)
How sweet is that picture?! They are adorable together :) I think it's a wonderful blessing that she has become twitterpated with such a wonderful Christian man! God definitely must have been intervening on that one :)
Awww!
I was kind of right guessing she was going to see a penpal then.... and yet SOOO wrong at the same time!
I hope my daughters find guys I can say such great things about!
So glad to hear from you and see such good things happening in your family.
Dawn Herring
JournalWriter Freelance
Be Refreshed!
Your daughter is very beautiful and how lucky you are to have her fall in love with such an awesome guy! :) Best luck to you and your family!
This is just a delightful post! Every good and perfect gift is from HIM! Delighted with and for you, and I pray that God will pave the way for just such delights in our future as well.... =D
Post a Comment