Friday, October 9, 2009

A Week of Firsts ... And A Guessing Game

I love "firsts."

First kisses.

First day of school.

First tooth.

Well this week, we had a few of our own firsts!

Our first snow. Andrew was kind enough to pose for me outside, even though he had a bit of "electric" hair:







And Ashlee went on her first plane ride. Her first trip to an airport. And her first lessson in baggage care: Bring a strap so you can roll your baggage instead of carrying it.

She carried it low:





She carried it high:


She rolled it, scooted it, carried it with Jessie, and dropped it over and over. Unfortunately, I was laughing too hard to get most of it on camera:




That oh so important task of printing a ticket:


After getting rid of our baggage, so to speak, we stopped off and got a bit of coffee and breakfast at Caribou Coffee. Nothin' like a ton of little caffeine for a post baggage boost:


A few pics taken by Jessie - because she thinks my new camera is uber special:









We were cuttin' up so much, we got a few strange looks. But we just took that as confirmation that we were having the time of our lives. This picture is only funny because it's so absurd that I would actually drink coffee. And no, I didn't actually do any slurping. ;)



Me going ballistic with my uber nice camera:




After we burned two hours of free time (we were a little paranoid about getting there in time), drank two coffees, ate one cherry danish roll, and bought a really cute pink hoody, I put my oldest baby through security ...


And on to her gate to board ....


She looks sad, but she was sooooo excited to go on this trip.

What's that?

You want to know where she's going?

Off to college?

Uhm, no.

To see her grandmother?

Nooooo.

On a mission's trip?

I think not!

Tell ya' what. You tell me where you think she's going. First person to get it right gets ...

Gets ...

Well, you get the enjoyment of getting it right!

Note to family: Since you know the exact location and what Ashlee is making this trip for, you are automatically disqualified. And please don't divulge her destination.

For the rest of my Lovely Lurkers ... I'm not asking you to tell me an exact location. I'm asking you to guess the purpose for her first flight, her first trip away from home, and her first trip .... without ME!

Happy guessing!!

~Brenda, the empty nesting Mama on the Prairie

5 comments:

Peter P said...

I'm guessing she'd not going somewhere to be a mail-order bride so I'm guessing she has gone to see a pen-pal or long lost friend.

Mark said...

I'm guessing a mission trip :-)

Janet Oberholtzer said...

is she going to a weekend conference - maybe about taking care of trees?

Kelly L said...

I have no idea but I enjoyed the post - very fun pictures.. since the suitcase was heavy.. maybe a retreat..

Love to you.
Kelly
http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity said...

Disney World? A girl can dream can't she??? :)