Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Picture Post!

Anybody up for some pictures?

I hope so!

I thought I'd simply post a few from our busy weekend. Daniel came to see us. Ok, he mainly came to see Ashlee. But he did a good job of making us feel like he came to see us all. Ha!

So...the pics:


This is Andrew and I at the airport, right after we said goodbye to Daniel. I guess he's protecting me from terrorists ...

Or something.


We took a few snapshots before church. Jessie was running late so she didn't get in on them. Daniel does not help me feel tall, that's for sure!





At the airport again. I think they got a little bored waiting for boarding time.




Ashlee, Daniel .... and the Chick-fil-A cow. ;)



Lookin' good, lookin' fine....










The tall ones.





Daniel was able to meet a lot of the extended family, and we were able to talk face to face, and get to know him better. I mean, yes, we've known him since he was about seven. But there was an eight year gap where we moved away and lost touch. So while I feel like he's an old friend, there's still lots of getting to know each other that needs to be done. As you can imagine, that's difficult when he's a couple thousand miles away.


Shaun preached that morning, as our Pastor was away. He is at seminary as I speak, and we'll be glad when it's all over and we'll be able to simply minister. I'm not sure "simply minister" would ever be an accurate phrase. I know it's not simple. It's hard work, stressful, rewarding, challenging, etc. But it's God's work, and that is what we are called to. So in that sense, I am looking forward to it.


'Nuff said.


As for this week, we're doing everything from hunting, to cooking up a storm for the hunters, to dressing up for the church Trunk or Treat activity.

So ya'll come back soon for what is bound to be some seriously ridiculous pictures!!!


~Brenda


2 comments:

April said...

Great pictures! I dread the day that my kids start dating! April

Brandie said...

Very cute. You are so supportive of her he must be a great young man. He appears to be! Anyway I am dreading the dating years good thing I have about 10 years or so (our church teaches wait until 16 to date). I sent you an email but to your aol account so if you don't get it let me know!
Brandie