Good morning, Lovely Lurkers!
Here it is! The promised post from me to you. Me sharing with you. Getting the ball rolling. Priming the pump, if you want to say it that way.
This does two things for me. It helps me get things off my chest. And it helps me learn to share. Because (she says, leaning forward, eyes shifting left and right), I'm kind of a private person.
Don't get me wrong! I love for others to share everything with me. I am attracted to people that wear their heart on their sleeve. My closest friends are blabber mouths. And I mean that in the most respectful way.
It's not like I'm trying to be someone I'm not. It's just that I find it much easier to open up using the written word rather than the spoken word. And I think it's important to open up. At least on some level.
So without any further adieu, let me toss my first Prairie Pebble.
What's a Prairie Pebble?
I'm glad you asked.
A Prairie Pebble is just a small something I'd like to share about what is happening in my life. A tidbit, if you will. Mind you, I am not throwing stones. No...I would never do that. But out here on the Prairie, we don't have much except for Pebbles. Well, that and tumble weeds. But those are hard to catch.
So - Prairie Pebble #1:
A confession and a prayer request.
I am in debt.
It's true. Not a lot of debt. But, in debt nonetheless. My husband and I are taking a Financial Peace University class by Dave Ramsey. I'm sure you've heard of him, or perhaps heard his radio program. With the economy the way it is, the timing on taking the class seemed to be nothing short of appropriate.
Whoooo doggies! I have learned SO MUCH from this class. Some of it is exciting - dreaming of where we could one day be, financially (as in debt free, not rich). But at the same time, some of it is painful. Why is it painful? Because change is painful! And it became more than obvious very quickly that change was needed in the way I handled money.
But you know what?
I know that when all of my debt is paid in full, all that pain is going to turn in to sheer joy and rejoicing.
In fact, we now have enough money to pay off one of our vehicles. I'm just waiting for when the next payment is due, and I will relish writing that check! Never thought I'd hear myself say that..... I mean, after all, I'll be paying a bill. :-)
So, lovely lurkers, please pray that I will have the gumption to stick to the plan and continue knocking off debt and becoming a saver instead of a spender. I want to do what is right and be a good steward of what God has so richly rewarded us with. Ah, not just monetarily speaking ... but this post is getting too long.
How 'bout you? Would you have any Prairie Pebbles to toss back to me? I'm fresh out.
~Brenda
The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. ~Proverbs 22:7 (NKJV)
No comments:
Post a Comment