How's that title for some alliteration? ;-)
Did you know that I often go through my day thinking up titles for my blog? Ones that contain plenty of alliteration, of course. How weird is that??
Anyway ...
I think we're all familiar enough with what a Prairie Pebble is at this point, so I'm going to get right to tossin' the Pebble. Notice I said "toss," not throw.
Cuz that would be rude.
So Prairie Pebble #3:
I have a gigantic fear of speaking in front of a crowd. And by crowd, I mean more than two people at a time.
It makes my palms sweat. My heart races and skips beats. My mouth goes completely dry. I get a headache. I get a stomach ache. I get it all!!
But Guess what? I'm going to be speaking in front of about sixty people on April 26th.
Deep breath ....
I'm giving my testimony at church, along with letting folks know of my involvement at a nearby pregnancy center and how they can get involved should the Lord lead them in that direction. It should only last about ten minutes - at the most.
TEN MINUTES!!!
Deep breath ....
But here's the good news. I don't have to do it by memory. I can write out everything, and then simply read it. In some ways, I hate to do that, because I think public speaking is more effective if you look people in the eyes. But I know myself, and when I get nervous, I go on rabbit trails. Lots of them. Two minutes into my testimony, we'd be talking about my childhood dog, Twiggy ... and that of course has nothing to do with how Jesus lives in my heart.
So please, Lovely Lurkers. If the Lord so leads you, please offer up a prayer for me, that I might be calm. That I might do this for the right reasons. And that I might get through it without anyone having to call 911.
We have a few paramedics in our church. I do hope they will be attending.
What is in this for you?
Well, not that we should pray for someone so that we get something in return. But there is an upside to all this praying that you would be doing. Because I promise with all my prairie lovin' heart that you will get to read the testimony. I've known for quite some time that I want to post my testimony right here, for all of my Lovely Lurkers to see and know. And I see no reason that the time shouldn't be April 27th, the day after I give my testimony.
Live.
In front of sixty people.
All by myself.
Deep breath ....
Eh hem!!
Posting my testimony on the 27th will allow me to practice opening up.
And it will assure you that I am not dead.
~Brenda
P.S. Lovely Lurkers are starting to emerge ... and I couldn't be happier!!! Keep up the lurking, but remember to be kinda obvious. Okay?
2 comments:
Oh mamma, you'll be fine. Now that we're in medical in class, I'm confident to be able ti take care of you. ;)
When are you posting that picture of me and the cord on my face...sleeping...after clinicals? LOL
LOL. As soon as I get some extra time to download my pics!
~Brenda, aka Mama
Post a Comment