Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cute Cows (Prairie Pebble #2)

How do you all like the blubbering, slobbering cows I've recently added? Aren't they disgusting cute!?

Prairie Pebble #2:

You do remember what a Prairie Pebble is, right? In short, it's a tidbit that I share with you so that you can get to know me better. I'm still waiting for you Lovely Lurkers to share something about your little selves.

It's ok. I'm a patient woman. A patient prairie woman.

So Pebble #2:

I love the prairie. But that hasn't always been true. I grew up around large, grandios mountains. Easily accessible mountains. We still have mountains. They're just not easily accessible. So, while they're awesome to look at, they're not something we often take advantage of out here on the prairie lands.

I used to think that if we weren't in the mountains or at least extremely close by, I wouldn't survive. And yes, I know that's childish.

I told dear husband yesterday that I would like to move further out on the prairie. To a little place with a couple of acres. I want at least one goat, a few chickens, and maybe even a cud chewing cute cow! Oh yes, and a German Shepherd to guard the place. And of course, we'd bring our bunny, Fizzles.

Let's see, what else? Mmmm ... yes, I think that about does it. For now, at least.

I never expected the prairie to sneak it's way into my mountain loving heart, but it did. It has a way of growing on you like mold wildflowers. And I'm okay with that now ... more than okay with that.

What about you, Lovely Lurkers? Are you a city girl, or a country girl? Are you a country girl trapped living contentedly in the city? Or are you a guy that is living the daily grind pleasure of an office job, but deep down, you are a Marlboro Man?

Tell me about it!

~Brenda, the prairie lovin', cow huggin', little housewife on the prairie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to quit lurking and thank you for the pebbles that you are throwing at me!
I truly enjoy what you have written and hope to read so much more!
I am totally country, city-fied for too long to remember the smell of fresh manure but not to old to go back to it one day.
Alycia
Coloring Outside The Lines

~Brenda said...

Well I want to thank YOU for not lurking anymore! :-)

I'm glad you enjoy the blog, and that inspires me more than you know to keep on keeping on with my writing. And I agree ... you will never be too old to go back to the country. Never, ever, ever!!

Until then, feel free to stop in here and we can both dream of living further out on the prairie, eh?

~Brenda