More Tupperware?
Well ... I just want you to know that I will not solely be posting about Tupperware on this blog. It's just that, it's new to me, and I really do love this stuff!!
I thought it would be a cool thing to periodically give everyone a little Tupper-Tip.
What's a Tupper-Tip?
I'm glad you asked.
A Tupper-Tip is a tip that will help you use your Tupperware to it's fullest ability. I mean, just because you use Tupperware, doesn't mean that you can store your cookies in your new modular mate and they will never rot, right? Of course not. That would mean that we live in Heaven. But ... there are a few tricks that we can learn to make our Tupperware work its hardest - for us.
Cuz we're special and, well ... we spent a lot of money on our Tupperware and we want to save as much money as possible on food spoilage, right? Right.
So without further delay, here is Tupper-Tip #1:
Brown sugar.
We all use it, and we all know it goes bad. Quickly. Like long before we use it up. It ends up hard and clumpy, right?
First, if you put your brown sugar in a modular mate, whatever size is appropriate for you, make sure that it's sealed properly. If the lid isn't on, it's going to spoil. Secondly, if it starts to harden ... like if it's been in your modular mate for months ... take a small piece of sandwich bread (about a half slice), and place it in with the brown sugar. The moisture from the bread helps the sugar stay nice and soft!
I'm sure even this has its limits, but it will definitely buy you some time. And for goodness sake, get to baking. That's the best way to make sure your brown sugar never goes to waste! ;-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to enter the photo contest/Tupperware giveaway in the next post!!!
~Brenda
1 comment:
i do that with my brown sugar...works really well, you just have to remember to change the bread! great tip!
Post a Comment