


I just finished this book a couple of nights ago. Although it was a very touching story, I struggled with setting the story of the book of Hosea into the late 1800's ... in other words, I'm not sure God would call a Christian young man to marry a prostitute. (Be not unequally yoked). However, the story was still very well written, and God's love and forgiveness was so evident in Michael's life, that it pierced through Angel's stone cold heart. And believe me. It was stone cold. A great picture of what God can do in one's life, no matter how broken and hurt we are.
I wouldn't say it was a page turner, until the last 40 pages. But entertaining, for sure. I'm not sorry I bought the book, and am looking forward to reading more from Rivers.
Would I recommend it to my best friend? You betchya'!
Now hold on to your little prairie bonnet ... I'm reading a book my mother-in-law loaned to me, and so far, I absolutely LOVE it. It will "fit" on this blog too - stay tuned to find out why!
~PrairieBren
No comments:
Post a Comment