Here's a recipe I'd like to share for those of you who do not have a big enough sweet tooth to enjoy frosting:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cake
- Pour 1 3/4 cup boiling water over 1 cup uncooked oatmeal, 1 stick butter, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 package (12 oz.) chocolate chips.
- Stir until butter and chips melt. Add 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon cocoa, 1 3/4 cup flour.
- Mix well and pour into 9x13 floured and greased pan.
If desired, sprinkle powdered sugar on top after the cake has cooled.
Jessie really likes this because she's not a fan of frosting. It comes out more or less like a cake brownie, although the oatmeal gives it a little different texture. It'll also fill your house with a most bodacious smell. ;-)
If you have any recipes that you would like to share, I would be happy to post them here. I might even cook them up, take a picture, and post it along with the recipe!! I'm particularly looking for bread recipes that do not require me to bathe in flour. Scooping flour out of the bag, throwing into the bowl and mixing it doesn't bother me. But with my celiac disease, I try to avoid getting covered in it. So if you have anything of that nature, and wouldn't mind sharing it with me, I would be most grateful!
Enjoy!
~PrairieBren
brcoats72@hotmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment