Friday, March 21, 2008

Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Moe ...


Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Moe, Coca-Cola, High and Low!


I know it doesn't show up too well on these little pics, but this is the Coca-Cola quilt that I'm putting together for Jessica. The quilt top on the right is the first "draft", if you will. Shaun and Jessie thought it had a little too much blue, so I replaced a blue print with a Coke print, which means I'm using two separate Coke fabrics. I personally liked the first draft, but I want Jessie to be wrapped in something she loves - so the second draft wins!

The pattern is called "Trip Around The World". Quite appropriate for Jessie, who deems traveling to be of utmost importance. Her and Uncle Bob decided that they would take a trip to Hawaii in the near future. I don't think she'll be needing a quilt to wrap up in there, but maybe when she goes to Germany she will. Or when her and Grandma Coats go on their London trip they've been planning.

I'll post more pics of the quilt as I go. I might get some quilting time in when Andrew is recovering.

Love to you all,

~PrairieBren
Me thinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts as while so occupied. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859






No comments: