Boy, have I had the BLAH HUMBUG'S the last few days. :-) Definitely some sort of stress let down or something. But ... I think I may be getting back up to par. I've tried to not do a whole lot other than rest the last couple of days, and that's helped. I even got a spurt of energy this evening, so I cooked up some home made chili and chocolate chip banana bread for the "feast" after the church service tomorrow. I made two loaves, but we still have so many sweets sitting around the house that I decided to freeze one loaf and take the other to church. In other words, we do not get to partake (yet)!
Since I've mainly been resting, I don't have a whole lot of news. I think the most exciting thing I've done the last couple of days is have a calligraphy lesson, taught by my dear husband, Shaun. In case you don't know, I sort of have an interest (ok, maybe it's an obsession) as to how things were done in "the olden days." Writing the way they did is one of those curiosities, along with living on the prairie in general and how they made a living. Anyway, Shaun was taught calligraphy when he was younger and does quite a nice job (his writing is on my high school diploma). So for Christmas, he bought me a set of pens and some paper, and promised some free lessons. I feel like I'm learning to write my ABC's all over again! The strokes of the pen are completely different from those we use with our modern day pens, but they sure do make perty marks!! :-)) Maybe when I get good enough, I'll post some before and after pictures. Since I'm not at all sure I'll actually succeed at this new project, I'll wait to post my first try. ;-) And as the song goes .... "Practice makes perfect, practice makes perfect, I guess if I practice, then better I'll be!"
Albert Einstein once said that insanity was doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. Me thinks I would do well to remember that each time I sit down to practice the alphabet with my new found pen, a task I never thought I would do again. ;-)
Until next time,
~PrairieBren, a strong believer of the fact that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!
No comments:
Post a Comment