It is getting close to Christmas. Only four days left! The wind is blowing something fierce here on the prairies, and I hear it is suppose to snow tonight, get warmer for a few days, and then snow again -- on Christmas (dare I hope?)! I love a white Christmas, and yes, I often dream of one. :-) Whether that first Christmas was white or not, I don't know. If not in Bethlehem, then maybe snowflakes fell here on the prairie. Either way, Christmas just seems more peaceful and "softer" if it's white, as though the whole world settles down and quiets itself ... a perfect setting for the birth of a Savior.
As is custom for Americans, we have been extremely busy just getting prepared for Christmas, and I have found it hard to focus on the real reason for the season. But with school officially out, all the gifts purchased, and most of the food rounded up, I am hoping we can settle our hearts and minds and focus on Christ and His birth. After all, without baby Jesus, there would be no Christmas and certainly no reason to celebrate.
My brother, Bob, and his family are coming to visit, and will be here Christmas Eve. We are thankful for the company and look forward to a week of food, fun, and foolishness! Although we are not able to be with every friend and relative, I hope all of you who read this will know that we love and miss you all, and wish we could have one big happy holiday together. In the meantime, know that you are on our minds and in our hearts ... but we'll be thankful you're there and we are here when it comes to that last helping of pumpkin and cherry pie!
In all seriousness, I hope you can find a way to clear your mind (and schedules), and open your heart to the One who came into this world to save us who are lost without Him. He can fill a void that those Christmas presents never can. :-)
Love and hugs to all who read this,
~PrairieBren
Luke 2:8-11
Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, and angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment