Wednesday, November 10, 2010

i confess

Ever wondered if there's anything I need to 'fess up to?

I didn't think so.

But just in case there is, I'm joining MamaKat's writing workshop this week, and 'fessing up is the prompt I chose.

So! Things I may or may not need to 'fess up to:

  • I take a nap every day. 
Sounds lazy doesn't it? Truth is, if I didn't have to, I wouldn't. Needing one irritates me, and I'd much rather sew or read or get some house cleaning done. Unfortunately, if I skip it, I get sick (usually a migraine). Because of my stomach issues, I can't take pain medication, and it continues to get more complicated from there. I'll spare you the details. But now you know that this blogger is also a napper.


  • I went to see the King Tut exhibit this last week ..
and I'm totally in love with some of the jewelry that the queens wore back in that era. I'm thinking one of them would completely solve all of my financial problems. If I got away with stealing it, I'd be set financially. If not, I'd still be set. Jailhouses feed and clothe their inmates, right?


Seriously though. I was amazed at the intricate detail of one particular solid gold necklace. It was massive, and oh so dainty, all at the same time. Simply incredible. 


When the exhibit is in your area, be sure to go (but leave your camera at home - no pictures allowed). You'll especially love seeing the sarcophagus that held King Tut's stomach!! Eww!


If you blog, read blogs, Facebook, Tweet, etc., this article is for you. It'll really keep things in perspective ... if you can have an honest opinion about yourself. 'Nuff said about that. You be the judge.


  •  I want a grandbaby.
To love, cherish, kiss on the cheek (over and over and over), make a quilt for,  photograph, be his/her Grandma. Or Meemaw. Or Grammy. Or Marmie. Or whatever he/she wants to call me. He/she can call me Frank for all I care. As long as I can love him/her and sing "Jesus Loves Me" to him/her while bouncing on my knee, I'm good.

No pressure, Ashlee and Daniel.

And last one ....


  •  My New Year's Resolution is simple: Get a new header!
Mine is sooo outdated. I think Andrew has literally grown 10 inches since that picture of him in the water. Ashlee's married now, Jessie has short hair, and Shaun and I never kiss like that.

I'm kidding!

We basically look the same. Perhaps a little more gray in our hair(s).

If you have any uber cool (should be read as free) sites that you know of that are good for customizing headers, will you let me know? It's been so long since I put the current one together, that I forgot where I got it from.

Pathetic, I know.

That's all the 'fessing up I have for now. Dangerous life I live, eh?

P.S. I realized after writing this that the pic up on the header isn't the one of Shaun and I kissing.

Stop laughing.

This is simply proof that I'm losing my mind and am therefore Grandma material! 

2 comments:

Jerry said...

So glad you fessed up.

Anonymous said...

If confession is good for the soul, I should try it more often myself. Love this post Brenda.