Tuesday, November 30, 2010

christmas shopping, car wrecks, and a pop quiz

I haven't done one of these entries for quite some time. They're fun, and they let everyone out there know that I'm just a normal, everyday person, with an incredibly exciting life.

*crickets chirping

Ahem. Anyway ... if you'd like to participate also, click here and visit the lady who began The Simple Woman's Daybook. Then link up and viola!, you're in.

Here we go:

Outside my window... It's sunny today, but cold. Yesterday was cold and cloudy. I think I prefer the cloudy.

I am thinking... I should really start to make my Christmas gift list. I can't shop until next week anyway, but I really need to be prepared mentally before I step foot out of the house. We all know what happens when women go shopping without a list. We buy things we don't need (but they're soooo cute!), and things other people don't need.

I am thankful for... being able to see Ashlee and Daniel for Christmas! They'll come in on Christmas morning, and we get four or five days with them. I haven't seen them since the wedding in April. Too long!

From the learning room... Hmm. Not much new going on here. We are learning about light in Science, different religions in History, diagramming sentences in English, and fractions in Math. 

From the kitchen... All of the turkey is officially gone. However, there's still a few pieces of pie!

I am wearing... Jammie pants and warm socks. :) Well ... and a long john shirt.

I am creating... Sorry. It's a secret. Christmas gifts, you know.

I am going... to take the car to the body repair shop for an estimate. Shaun got in an accident last week (everyone's ok, and it wasn't his fault). This is the 6th car bash we've experienced in the last five years. Blows my mind.

I am reading... The book of Joshua, Romans, and The Holiness of Grace, by Bryan Chapell. Oh yes ... and The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

I am hoping... for a few select things for Christmas. I may very well post my Christmas wish list later on. Just in case you're struggling with what you want for Christmas. Perhaps it'll prime your pump. ;)

I am hearing... The shower running upstairs. Nothing more. Hmm... except for my to-do list running through my head.

Around the house... A two inch think layer of dust. But not for long!

One of my favorite things... Getting a new hairstyle that I love!!! Yeah ... doesn't happen very often.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Not a whole lot. Small groups on Wednesday evening, a little grocery shopping on Friday, just normal every week stuff. Next week, let the shopping begin!

Here is picture (or two!) for thought I am sharing... Ok, students. Get out a blank sheet of paper and a pencil. Pop quiz time! Tell me who this is and why she is impersonating an Egyptian princess. Right now! Hop to!


2 comments:

ashlee said...

*raises hand violently*

I think it's Jessie, and she's impersonating a princess from Egypt because ya'll were at a museum and it was a dress up opportunity. :) mmmhmmm.

Cassandra Frear said...

Hey, I noticed you unfollowed me on Twitter? Is everything okay?

Hope you are having a good holiday sesason!